Marquand Manuel

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Since we're going to throw out random names for potential coaches.. what about MM? Usually when someone climbs the coaching ladder that fast, there's something to it.

I mean.. 3 years from first coaching job to NFL DC?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
photos.medleyphoto.4034771.jpg

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is almost as bad as saying we should hire Richt :lol:

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Nah I don't need to see highlights of that Peter Warrick play over and over. Manuel should have ended the game with that pick 6

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He is a rising star. Still, I want a HC with experience. If disaster ensures and we can't find a guy, he could be an option.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like bringing one of our own home. But there is a big jump between Coordinator and HC. I’d like to see him with some time at HC first.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like bringing one of our own home. But there is a big jump between Coordinator and HC. I’d like to see him with some time at HC first.

Exactly! How many guys have we seen over the years who are top tier coordinators but garbage head coaches? The most famous being Dick LaBeau. Maybe the best DC in NFL history while also being one of the worst HCs I've ever seen. Orgeron is another example.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t the new coach going to need a DC? Can we agree to bring him home for that?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NFL DC to college DC? Not likely...
Not likely, but hell, you can at least make a run at the guy. If you start crossing names off the list because you think it’ll be a no, you’ll end up with second rate trash

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Great guy and Gator. Stoops loved him and he always played with a ton of energy. Even after I graduated, two years later when I came back on campus I went down to the south EZ to check out all the new renovations from 97. He was in the TR getting some treatment and he immediately came over to me to say hi and ask what I was up to. That stuck with me because few if any players would have gone out of their way to do that with someone was a student athletic trainer. I'm very happy for him and I am sure he has worked very hard for it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well if we're insisting on going the unproven route again, I'd rather it be one of our own. But as has been said, we absolutely shouldn't be rolling those dice again. Not to mention, it was easy to turn on WM and McElwain, because they have no roots here, or worse yet, had roots at our chief rival. I would absolutely hate to see a Gator struggling here and ultimately needing to be fired(my same logic with the Bell talk).

But that's awesome for MM. Glad to see he's doing well.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
He still needs some time. Not sure how much college coaching experience he has but seems to be on the rise in the NFL which is far better for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator