Mason fired at Vandy; hire Notre Dame defensive coordinator Clark Lea

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Let me preface by saying that I can't confirm this. However, my buddy who is a huge Vandy fan (did you even know that existed?) and lives in Nashville claims that word just got out that Mason has been fired.

If true, is there any possible chance we can get him in to replace Grantham?

Thoughts?

Edit: I can now confirm: Vanderbilt fires head coach Derek Mason

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
They said “if he’s dumb enough to put a girl out there to kick...he obviously can’t evaluate talent outside of a strip club”

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Let me preface by saying that I can't confirm this. However, my buddy who is a huge Vandy fan (did you even know that existed?) and lives in Nashville claims that word just got out that Mason has been fired.

If true, is there any possible chance we can get him in to replace Grantham?

Thoughts?

Edit: I can now confirm: Vanderbilt fires head coach Derek Mason

The much more important question is can we get Vandy to hire Grantham as their new head coach? I’ll take our chances with just about any replacement.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy will hire a chick as their next HC.

See, this guy is smart enough to see the big set-up. This was all well planned by Vandy. They're already the SEC bottom dwellers so it's not like they can go any lower. Social justice ftw!:jog:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, he's an upgrade at the DC spot for us. And the optics of having a black OC & DC are great for UF.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fired???

Those ass holes should have given him a raise.

What the hell do they expect with the support they give him???

They have delusions of adequacy.
:facepalm:

Alex.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think he’s a very good D coach and have said for years we should hire him if possible.

One thing I’m curious about that might recluse that is the question of the relationship between him & Mullen. Isn’t there some bad blood there? I recall some dustup during their post game handshake a few years ago and maybe some other scrum. Anybody else remember this?

Not sure if that squashes the chances of Mason being hired.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think he’s a very good D coach and have said for years we should hire him if possible.

One thing I’m curious about that might recluse that is the question of the relationship between him & Mullen. Isn’t there some bad blood there? I recall some dustup during their post game handshake a few years ago and maybe some other scrum. Anybody else remember this?

We ain’t hiring him. We’ve the $1.8M man coaching our lockdown defense!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We ain’t hiring him. We’ve the $1.8M man coaching our lockdown defense!

Yeah but the $1.8m man is the hottest coordinator name being mentioned as this year’s can’t miss HC hire because of the kick azz job he’s done for us. So yes, when he’s hired as a HC this off-season, we’ll unfortunately need to replace him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He'd be an upgrade over Fat-tham. Didn't he have a daughter that went to UF?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy won't consider trash like Fat Slob Todd. Only hope we have is VT taking him somehow, the NFL sure won't take him.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The dustup was during the game when there was a late hit or something and Mullen and Mason got into a shouting match on the field. After the game they had a long, intimate hug and gazed deep into each other's souls. It was quite touching actually.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least now we know that the act of putting the girl in to kick was really just a desperate attempt by Mason to keep his job. I guess it didn't work, but is anybody going to be surprised when the woke crowd realizes that the coach who let the girl play got fired the next day? Just stand the fvk by because there is going to be some PC hate inbound to ol' Vandy methinks.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The dustup was during the game when there was a late hit or something and Mullen and Mason got into a shouting match on the field. After the game they had a long, intimate hug and gazed deep into each other's souls. It was quite touching actually.

Just cause you are touching yourself doesn’t make the whole thing “touching”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.