Matt Jones

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n282640 said:
That was true in his first 2 years at UF. He wasn't very good in his second year due to that illness.

Nope, all last season, and into the preseason of this NFL season, I was told exactly what I said. :suspect:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
URGatorBait;n282697 said:
Nope, all last season, and into the preseason of this NFL season, I was told exactly what I said. :suspect:

They need their eyes examined. I said that about his first 2 years and going into last year. However, he was a tough physical runner in his last year at UF. That has carried into his NFL career. Sure he runs straight up, but so have a lot of great backs.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n282713 said:
They need their eyes examined. I said that about his first 2 years and going into last year. However, he was a tough physical runner in his last year at UF. That has carried into his NFL career. Sure he runs straight up, but so have a lot of great backs.
I think you can probably figure out who I am talking about ;)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
crosscreekcooter;282525 said:
I know KT was a legacy but Derrick Henry should have been a Gator. We should have been able to sign both.

Rumor has it that chump wanted Henry to play LB at UF. That's when he started looking at bama. But chump NEVER interfered with the offense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n282633 said:
Jones still runs too straight up.
He fumbled as well, but overall had a great 2nd game for a rookie.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n282792 said:
And by the way, Matt is the epitome of a player who chops wood and carries water.

He is. He never got the credit he deserved. He was a hard worker and played through some "adversity" on and off the field. Unfortunately his case seems like one of those where a guy develops a reputation (warranted or not) and he can never change the public's perception of him not matter what the truth is or how hard he works. Fans, especially Gator fans are a stubborn lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.