Matthew Stafford's reputation in shambles

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We've actually been paying more for head coaches than Alabama paid for Saban. Two ****ty coaches cost more than one elite one. And our revenue has basically been stagnant for 14 years as we drop from top three to top 15.
But we just won a NC in women's blindfolded watermelon seed spitting.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He has more than Ratliff?
Yes. Pat Dooley brought it up during an interview the other day. Spikes said he reminds the LBs that he wasn’t just a run-stopper. Holding that record means a lot to him. I don’t know how many Keiwan had, but it was less than 4.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Pat Dooley brought it up during an interview the other day. Spikes said he reminds the LBs that he wasn’t just a run-stopper. Holding that record means a lot to him. I don’t know how many Keiwan had, but it was less than 4.

He was a ballhawk and great in our spy type coverages.

It is hard to imagine losing a guy that large in coverage, but clearly QBs did.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Not to diminish what Spikes accomplished, but when Lito or Haden or Weary or Kennedy made picks, it was usually 20+ yards downfield so they had to go through a bunch of traffic to get a pick 6.

When Spikes made a pick, it was typically within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and everybody except the OL and QB (and maybe a RB trying to pass block) were behind him so he was more likely to convert that pick into a pick 6.

Again, not to diminish his record. I'm a huge Spikes fan.

Alex.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Not to diminish what Spikes accomplished, but when Lito or Haden or Weary or Kennedy made picks, it was usually 20+ yards downfield so they had to go through a bunch of traffic to get a pick 6.

When Spikes made a pick, it was typically within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and everybody except the OL and QB (and maybe a RB trying to pass block) were behind him so he was more likely to convert that pick into a pick 6.

Alex.
Causal analysis for everything. What a nerd. Gees.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's "geez" not "gees".
Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly why dink and dunk ball is high-risk/low-reward. When you complete it, you get 4-6 yards. When you fail, they get 6 points. And when you don't throw the ball down field, why wouldn't the defense sit on the low routes?

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Alex.

I’ve always said all of these numbers are kind of skewed because of the different styles of offenses we were running when each player was here. Where guys like Lito, Weary, Teako, Haden, etc were routinely playing loose because we were up by four scores and teams had to throw, Ratliff, Tabor, VH3, and others were often in tight, one score games where they had little margin for error and opposing teams could remain more balanced.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

6’3”; 258.

Let that sink in a sec…….

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mamab