Maybe the AAF is making inroads

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Testimony that SOS produces a show that consumers want.
It's such a simplified league. No extracurricular scandals, crimes. Glad to hear TNT is reaching out. AAF is lucky to have Steve. Hope he's enjoying it.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think Rog is correct. People have seen the product Spurrier has put on the field. It's fun, exciting, and he's still good for a sound bite. Glad Spurrier is having fun.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Spurrier could win with his dog at QB :)

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
On a side note, I'm pretty sure Spurrier could win with his dog at QB :)
He might, but not with Claribelle. Even Mac’s dog sucks.

Seriously men, you going to name your dog Claribelle?!?! Nope, but pu**y-whipped Mac did.

Grow a pair Mac....So I can knee you in them.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Whats everyone watching tomorrow at 2pm??? Gator basketball vs. Kentucky or Spurrier's Apollos?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The interesting thing about the AAF and Spurrier is that it may settle, in some minds, the theory that when Machen made his decision, Spurrier had lost his "fast ball". Sure he wasn't as successful at SC. But he was dragging a dead mule up a hill. The theory, which I don't buy, is that defenses had caught up with the fun and gun. Well, we've got some decent to good coaches in the AAF who are trying to deal with Spurrier's offense. If they figure it out by the end of the season then maybe the neigh sayers were right. If they don't, then NOPE spurdog did not lose his "fast ball". But we lost an opportunity.

Fricking insult to ask for his resume.

I'll be watching AAF. I follow the BBall commentary here. But I haven't had the stomach to watch the basketball cluster for the last half of this season.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Gator Bssketball
I think Im gonna watch the BBall game also, but flip back and forth. I dont know why I put myself through the misery of BBall this season but its hard to let go. If the BBall game is pretty much done at halftime (which I think it will be) then over to the Apollos.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Neither... Gonna be way too nice of a day to spend it inside watching the babysitter

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The interesting thing about the AAF and Spurrier is that it may settle, in some minds, the theory that when Machen made his decision, Spurrier had lost his "fast ball". Sure he wasn't as successful at SC. But he was dragging a dead mule up a hill. The theory, which I don't buy, is that defenses had caught up with the fun and gun. Well, we've got some decent to good coaches in the AAF who are trying to deal with Spurrier's offense. If they figure it out by the end of the season then maybe the neigh sayers were right. If they don't, then NOPE spurdog did not lose his "fast ball". But we lost an opportunity.

Fricking insult to ask for his resume.

I'll be watching AAF. I follow the BBall commentary here. But I haven't had the stomach to watch the basketball cluster for the last half of this season.

The way Spurrier wasn't even seriously considered for the job, and was never offered an actual chance at it, was just plain rotten - especially in light of what he had done for UF. Some anal gland on this very board insinuated that SOS was an embarrassment to UF because of his "bad handling" of the Dockett fiasco, in which Foley and Machen totally weaseled and let those ass wipes off the hook. The same douche denied that the resume thing even occurred.

Clearly, Foley is an incompetent, ego-monkey turd and Machen didn't want SOS back because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Steve either. Yeah, Urban did great things before the great "Fred Sanford" act he pulled, when even he realized the severity of the mess he had made in the locker room. But, phukk Foley forever anyway. I wish the ******* were barred from campus and his visage removed from the annals of UF history forever.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The way Spurrier wasn't even seriously considered for the job, and was never offered an actual chance at it, was just plain rotten - especially in light of what he had done for UF. Some anal gland on this very board insinuated that SOS was an embarrassment to UF because of his "bad handling" of the Dockett fiasco, in which Foley and Machen totally weaseled and let those ass wipes off the hook. The same douche denied that the resume thing even occurred.

Clearly, Foley is an incompetent, ego-monkey turd and Machen didn't want SOS back because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Steve either. Yeah, Urban did great things before the great "Fred Sanford" act he pulled, when even he realized the severity of the mess he had made in the locker room. But, phukk Foley forever anyway. I wish the ******* were barred from campus and his visage removed from the annals of UF history forever.

HOF material.

Maybe with Spur we would have had one or two or maybe no more NCs. But we wouldn't have been in the dumpster for umpteen painful years. That I absolutely believe.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope the AAF makes it, I've enjoyed watching Spurrier again. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year when the XFL kicks off and they're competing with each other, not only for fans but also for players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

It was 100% Machen - he was forcing a Meyer hire if he would come here. Pretty bad how he disrespected Spurrier by telling the press he could apply like anyone else however when he was asked by the press about Spurrier.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It was 100% Machen - he was forcing a Meyer hire if he would come here. Pretty bad how he disrespected Spurrier by telling the press he could apply like anyone else however when he was asked by the press about Spurrier.

I agree that Machen was definitely calling the shots, but Foley was his willing lackey and bears some blame in the failure to back Steve up during the Dockett fiasco. The whole damn deal stunk to high Heaven. It can also be argued that the decade of futility that ensued was the direct result of that sorry sequence of events.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My personal opinion is that the end game from day 1 for these AAF investors was that the NFL eventually just buys the league out to make it a developmental league. I think that's what's going to happen.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
My personal opinion is that the end game from day 1 for these AAF investors was that the NFL eventually just buys the league out to make it a developmental league. I think that's what's going to happen.

It is definitely designed to work in conjunction with NFL, not to compete against it as the XFL seeks to do. Obviously not scheduling head-to-head is sign, as well as the fact that AAF players can leave for the NFL at any time with no penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator