McElwain will address major problem

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
"We have some behavior we need to work on,' Mac said, adding #Gators were most penalized team in nation past 5, 6 years. 'Its' ridiculous.'

This is the most important thing I've heard McElwain say he's going to address. I remember Muschamp being asked about penalties and his response was like a Geico ad. Something about UF getting penalized a lot before he took the job. The response made it seem like getting penalized was something beyond his control. I can picture the commercial now. UF's Gerald Willis takes a cheap shot and the announcer chimes in with "Commit stupid penalties? If you're a UF football player, that's what you do."

I hope McElwain puts an emphasis on this, because I think it's a major flaw. Perhaps if a player is benched, maybe that will send a message.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cheered on any rapists lately?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing the eye patch comes from an overly aggressive encounter with a wino's one eyed trouser snake behind a dumpster somewhere, but what's up with the flabby bat wing arms?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing about penalties," FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews said Monday. "The harder you play, the higher your chances are of making a mistake, of getting penalties. . . . We're not going to slow down and worry about penalties.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n264223 said:
One thing about penalties," FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews said Monday. "The harder you play, the higher your chances are of making a mistake, of getting penalties. . . . We're not going to slow down and worry about penalties.

That sounds like something those old Hurricane teams would say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator