Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So a 3 time transfer and a career backup at Perdue is all we need. :facepalm:

I think LDR will be the second best QB in the SEC by season's end. Appleby is a solid backup. I'm confident enough in him that he could get us some wins if we needed him to. That is all a backup is there for. As far as the pieces being in place? I agree with him. We have the tools on offense to actually do something. Now they just need experience and coaching.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It certainly may explain the teeth discoloration.

That said, he has (or will have) a kid who's been in the system for 2 Springs and 2 Fall camps, a seasoned D1 player behind him that could start in a major pinch, and two promising candidates for the future. In contrast to last year, where we had a RSFr who'd never taken a snap and a QB that wasn't a QB at all, battling off 2 or 3 walk-ons, I can understand his optimism.

That's also completely overlooking the OL difference, and the fact that our best WR will be a Soph this season.

I don't see anything saying we've arrived or that we're exactly where he'd like to be across the board. But again, we should be light years better on offense. As an offensive guy, I imagine that excites him.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
First of all, he never mentioned he had "all we need" and he said the pieces were in place to execute the offense. No guarantees. Just the fact that a two time NC offensive coordinator is somewhat comfortable with where we are at is a good sign.....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_mcjs3t6nVF1qja3x0o1_500.gif

overreact-1.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There really isn't anything of substance in this article. What do you think McElwain is going to say? We stink and can't run our offense..?

His QB situation is better than last year and he feels confident he can move the ball and execute.

Nothing more here at all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't see how its not Del Rio most of the year unless he turns out not to be nearly as good with the bullets flying.

The O line will mostly determine if we have a good offense or not I think.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Compared to the junk at QB that has been on the field recently, I am looking forward to seeing the new QBs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have every reason to believe the offense will be at least as good as it was during Griers short lived time here last year, maybe better if the offensive line improves. What worries me this season and the next few is getting a football shoved up our a$$es every time we play a big boy team on defense. It's the same old rinse and repeat....punch us in the stomach then watch us pucker up by moving safeties forward only to watch a home run ball go over their heads when they do....That said we really have a pansy ass schedule this year with the only worries being LSU and FSU. No excuse to not win 10 or 11 games including a bowl.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator