Media gaslighting with joke election polls again - Dems up by 13% over Reps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,017
    Ratings:
    +6,048 / -113
    NBC News/WSJ poll: Democrats hold the advantage in November's elections

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18955 NBCWSJ September Poll.pdf

WASHINGTON — Six weeks before the 2018 midterm elections, Democrats hold a 12-point lead in congressional preference among registered voters, with nearly six-in-10 saying they’d like to see significant change in the direction President Donald Trump has been leading the country, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The results suggest a political environment where Democrats have the clear advantage in their pursuit to win back control of Congress in November.
    -------------------------------

I guess the lefty press (and the establishment) just doubles downs with their tactics when it comes to the elections even after embarrassing themselves so many times. Just like in 2014 and 2016 they are putting out manipulated results oriented polls claiming Dems have a 12% generic ballot lead etc and in swing districts and are on track to take the House easily. Its no different than the polls that said Clinton could win Georgia and Texas 2 weeks out from the 2016 election and had about a double digit lead nationally.

If they follow their usual gaslighting tactics about 2 weeks out they will stop with the ridiculous polls like this one and start giving polls that are just manipulated for a couple of % advantage to then change the narrative to Dems have to vote to make sure they win. The polls above are used to try to discourage Rep turnout at first.

• secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
      $328
      Ratings:
      +340 / -4
      I've long been at the place of paying no attention to polls....as they apply to me . In other words, I put no stock in most polls for the very reason you stated above--manipulation. I vote the way I feel and based on MY opinions, feelings, and research on the subject. But what worries me....very much so....is that so many people DO base their actions based on these manipulated polls. Simply put--the public overall is very naive and rather stupid.

We saw it in the 2016 election where most folks base their opinions on sound bites and biased/edited comments concerning candidates. They don't do their own research but merely rely on what they read on snippets on the internet or quick short bites on tv...MSM mostly. These types of polls will affect a lot of voters as the polls are intended to do---simply because the majority of people can't think for themselves. And worse--it's a large chunk of young, impressionable liberals or left slanted that are affected the most.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,627
        Ratings:
        +10,209 / -32
        I keep looking at the turnout numbers for the Florida primaries and then compare that to what polls said and now say... 1.6 million R’s voted in the gubernatorial primary, 1.5 million D’s. The reality of that doesn’t square with what we were told and are being told. Does it mean anything? Not necessarily, but it is reality vs theory

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
          $2,017
          Ratings:
          +6,048 / -113
          FL is a strange one but what makes me a little nervous here is people from Puerto Rico (who have been moving here a lot recently) are known for signing up as Indies and then mostly voting Democrat. Most Indies in FL lean Rep however.

In some states like PA and some other swing states the trend is clearly going Rep but you wont hear the lefty media bringing that up.

• G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator Intrepid Chauvinist
          Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,572
          Ratings:
          +1,595 / -63
          You are being generous by saying they are "manipulating" the polls to make them show the results they want. I tend to believe the word is "fabricating." Wouldn't surprise me if they literally did not call a single person and are just totally making these polls up from scratch.

• secgator

Oxbucks:
            $328
            Ratings:
            +340 / -4
            You are likely correct Gordon. When it comes to libs and their comrades in arms....those despicable bastards will stop at nothing to get their agenda shoved down everyone's throat. With them it is always....always....the end justifies the means, regardless of the consequences. They have no ethics whatsoever. It is in the lib DNA.

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
            $2,017
            Ratings:
            +6,048 / -113
            This one did show in the link how they oversampled Dems if someone was to look for ir but one of their recent tactics has been to hide the info on who they sampled entirely or to hide what people identified themselves as politically.

• G. Gordon Gator

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
              $1,572
              Ratings:
              +1,595 / -63
              Well to be fair, I am projecting a little, too. I remember taking a Sociology class at UF that required us to do a project where we had to choose a topic and then go out and do surveys on it. I don't remember what my topic was, but after spending less than half an hour in front of Turlington Hall asking people to fill out my surveys, I got bored, and tired of annoying people. :stickpoke: So I went and grabbed some $1.00 lunch from the Hare Krishnas on the Plaza of the Americas, then went home and filled the rest of the surveys out myself. I used different handwriting and pens and everything. And hey, what do you know -- whatever my thesis was turned out to be fully supported by public opinion! :rotfl:

• secgator

Oxbucks:
                $328
                Ratings:
                +340 / -4
                In other words....NEVER trust liberals for the full and complete truth.

Never.

• NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR Deep Behind Enemy Lines

Oxbucks:
                  $1,012
                  Ratings:
                  +1,022 / -115
                  I know off year elections favor the minority party but:

Off year elections favor the conservative base because they vote

Off year elections favor evangelicals because they vote

Off year elections generally don’t favor the youth vote

Off year elections don’t favor the minority vote

I think all the Kavanagh bashing will bring out the Conservative Base, Conservative Catholics, and the Evangelicals because we are sick of all this BOVINE EXCRAMENT being tossed about…AND Conservative Constitutional Judges is why we voted for Trump in the first place.

• Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
                  $729
                  Ratings:
                  +1,990 / -547
                  If it did not work that last time, why would it work this time? Why would the WSJ participate in a fraud poll just to make liberals look good? Their audience are conservatives and people in business. That makes no sense.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
                  $729
                  Ratings:
                  +1,990 / -547
                  I used to go to the Hare Krsnas in the plaza, although I was trying to avoid them. But I was broke and that was the best option.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
                  $729
                  Ratings:
                  +1,990 / -547
                  People are already lining up now to vote against Trump. The black vote will spike in GA and FL. The youth are pissed about the gun issue, but could be too stoned to show up. The women are going to crush Republicans this cycle. But in general, I agree with your generalization.

• NOLAGATOR

Oxbucks:
                    $1,012
                    Ratings:
                    +1,022 / -115
                    Maybe in your LA but not in my LA

• Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
                      $2,017
                      Ratings:
                      +6,048 / -113
                      Because they have establishment backers that don't like outsiders like Trump not pushing their agenda on trade and immigration etc.

As far as it working they are convinced it has a chance to suppress the other side some so they will continue their tactics even after being embarrassed. They will also say the usual the polls weren't off that bad - but of course using their final polls where they stopped the crazy level of manipulation to push to Dems they must vote.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $2,341
                      Ratings:
                      +6,618 / -277
                      For everything you listed there is an equal if not greater force on the "other side". Remember how shocked most Libs were when Trump won? That's because we didn't run around spouting off about who we were going to vote for. Remember the shock? It will be an even bigger gappening this time as Blacks(40%) show up in droves to support Trump along with outraged Women who want decency restored in this country as well as EVERYONE who is enjoying one of the greatest economies of all time....Gun ownership continues to grow throughout ALL age groups and everyone wants protection from illegal outlaws...even Latinos who just showed by voting a Republican into a South Texas(Houston?)district last week.....Dems will lose another 20% of seats this year.

• Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
                        $729
                        Ratings:
                        +1,990 / -547
                        You actually think the Republicans have any chance of keeping the House? Even they know it is gone.

• g8r.tom

g8r.tom Well-Known Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $1,257
                        Ratings:
                        +1,343 / -22

Of course they do. Polls are useless. I often lie to pollsters if I take the call at all.

• G. Gordon Gator

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                          $1,572
                          Ratings:
                          +1,595 / -63
                          Yeah and I'm sure right up til election day in 2016 you were laughing at people who said Hillary was going to lose, right? How'd that work out for you?

It's exactly like @Concrete Helmet explained to you: people on the right tend to have better and more important things to do than run around spouting their political beliefs at every opportunity, and they don't have time to answer polls, either. But make them feel like they're backed into a corner, and they WILL come out swinging at the ballot box.

Then we'll get to work on opening the camps. FYI you will only be allowed to bring one suitcase, so try not to fill the whole thing with weed!

[​IMG]

• NOLAGATOR

Oxbucks:
                          $1,012
                          Ratings:
                          +1,022 / -115
                          YES
                          :shocked: