Message Alerts

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last few days I've noticed an issue with the message alerts. Top right corner would be a badge that showed the number of alerts you had, if any. They number would stay there until you either checked the alert or read whatever thread that alert would indicate a message or quoted post.

Anyway, I've noticed the past few days the alert number shows when I'm loading the page to the forum and then disappears once the download for the page is complete. Seems to be a glitch.

I'm on my phone by the way.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't had that problem, I'm using mobile as well (chrome mobile), but I have had a problem in that general area.

When people are quoting me, I see the alert, go to check it, and the hyperlink doesn't work. It used to take me directly to the post.
Tried it on desktop, and still works, so it could be a Chrome Mobile issue.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't had that problem, I'm using mobile as well (chrome mobile), but I have had a problem in that general area.

When people are quoting me, I see the alert, go to check it, and the hyperlink doesn't work. It used to take me directly to the post.
Tried it on desktop, and still works, so it could be a Chrome Mobile issue.

Ok, thanks URG. I'm have that same issue on Safari on my phone. Just like your response to this, I didn't get a badge that showed a response. Typically you show a badge alert every time someone responds to a thread you've started. I had to come to this forum to see if anyone responded.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I get a like or somebody quotes me I get a pop up on my phone notifying me about it and when I click "view" it takes me directly to the post.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I get a like or somebody quotes me I get a pop up on my phone notifying me about it and when I click "view" it takes me directly to the post.

I get the same thing. It's not the site, I can use the link on desktop. I'm not worried about it though. I like the full use of the site.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is the answer have to always be a work around instead of identifying the problem and fixing that? That's what's wrong with the world today.

Freaking J, Tapatalk and Obama.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've noticed an issue with the message alerts, too. On the desktop, it will show the number of alerts in the tiny red box for a few seconds, then it will show zero, even though the alerts are still there. It's a bug.

Todo10

Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
I've noticed an issue with the message alerts, too. On the desktop, it will show the number of alerts in the tiny red box for a few seconds, then it will show zero, even though the alerts are still there. It's a bug.
The alerts work on the same way as Facebook notifications: once you pass the mouse over or click on it the numbers will disappear because you already clicked and know there are new alerts.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The alerts work on the same way as Facebook notifications: once you pass the mouse over or click on it the numbers will disappear because you already clicked and know there are new alerts.
Ok, good to know. It's different than what it was when we first started with this new software. That fine, I can live with that. Is there a bug with the link imbedded in the alert? Cause it doesn't take you to the thread or post its alerting you on.

Todo10

Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Ok, good to know. It's different than what it was when we first started with this new software. That fine, I can live with that. Is there a bug with the link imbedded in the alert? Cause it doesn't take you to the thread or post its alerting you on.
I've received an alert of your post and the link goes directly to your post:
NVGator quoted your post in the thread Message Alerts.
40 minutes ago

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've received an alert of your post and the link goes directly to your post:
NVGator quoted your post in the thread Message Alerts.
40 minutes ago
Was that on desktop or mobile?

I don't have the problem on desktop, just mobile, and it appears the browser doesn't matter.

Todo10

Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Was that on desktop or mobile?

I don't have the problem on desktop, just mobile, and it appears the browser doesn't matter.
Oh well, that could be a style issue. I see the alerts on desktop and they link to the right post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Todo is our host representative. Show some respect.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only alias I have ever been in all these years is Mr. Peebody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb