Miami Hurricanes are in shambles: Crushed by Pitt to end season at 5-7

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, unless it's 100% privately funded, it's hard to see Miami having their own stadium ever again.
Miami politicians will do anything if the proper baksheesh is supplied to them. Given the amount of corruption in that hellhole of a city, I'm shocked that slimy businessmen and slimy politicians haven't already made this happen. So many taxpayer-funded stadium boondoggles to build, I guess, so little time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Miami politicians will do anything if the proper baksheesh is supplied to them. Given the amount of corruption in that hellhole of a city, I'm shocked that slimy businessmen and slimy politicians haven't already made this happen. So many taxpayer-funded stadium boondoggles to build, I guess, so little time.
This would be privately funded. No idea how it could make business sense but certainly not based on scUM football. Concerts and monster trucks, maybe. Dunno much about SEFL. Maybe @soflagator or @GGG will enlighten us on that market.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
This would be privately funded. No idea how it could make business sense but certainly not based on scUM football. Concerts and monster trucks, maybe. Dunno much about SEFL. Maybe @soflagator or @GGG will enlighten us on that market.
Monster trucks in Dade County? Really? And by Dade I mean the urban blighted areas labeled SOBE.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Back in the early 80s my dad who I didnt know that well (abusive drunk that left when I was 6) was a construction foreman in Miami and he was part of building the monorail and other prominent buildings down there. He wanted me to come and work with him and offered me a good paying job so I decided to go down and check it out. I left Sarasota and headed across Alligator alley and got onto 95 headed south. Before I ever got to his exit, I made the decision I would never live anywhere near that place and when I got to his house I told him so. I left the next day and have never been back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Concerts, definitely. But again, they already have that in the rental where they are. If they can’t afford an in campus stadium just for football, then it’s pointless.

@B52G8rAC , you probably could do a monster truck show, though it obviously wouldn’t be the primary focus. Tons of red necks once you go 45 minutes inland in Broward and Palm Beach, even Martin. That would likely be the draw.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Back in the early 80s my dad who I didnt know that well (abusive drunk that left when I was 6) was a construction foreman in Miami and he was part of building the monorail and other prominent buildings down there. He wanted me to come and work with him and offered me a good paying job so I decided to go down and check it out. I left Sarasota and headed across Alligator alley and got onto 95 headed south. Before I ever got to his exit, I made the decision I would never live anywhere near that place and when I got to his house I told him so. I left the next day and have never been back.
I lived in WPB for about a year and a half in the mid-1980’s. Work took me into Broward regularly but not much into Dade. I didn’t like it THEN and wouldn’t consider going back. I’ve got dear friends to visit, pass by on my way to the Keys and the occasional cruise, but that’s it.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Where would he find 60,000 people to attend Canes games? The didn’t draw flies when they were winning championships. How does a .500 ACC team inspire this? #delusional
Cardboard cutouts of the Rock would work

The Rock Wwe GIF by STARCUTOUTSUK

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
First of all, if you want to @ me to request a comment, you have to use my government name, @G. Gordon Gator, not the informal GGG by which I am known to my fans.

The real bizarre thing about scUM trying to get their own stadium is that they and the City couldn't work together with David Beckham's Major League Soccer franchise to build a dual-use stadium that would serve both the Canes and the soccer team, Inter Miami, which currently plays its games up in Fort Lauderdale due to the lack of a Miami stadium.

Beckham has a deal in place with the City to build an MLS soccer stadium with about 35k seats on a City-owned site that's not too far west of the downtown area. Currently it's the site of a somewhat crappy old public golf course.

That size of a stadium would be fine for most UM games; for the FSU game they could still play at the Hard Rock like they do now. There was consideration of making it dual use to accommodate the Canes, but at some point Beckham's group nixed the idea. If they gave an explanation for why, I must've missed it.

I do not know why they are now proposing to build a new stadium for only the Canes, and don't see the utility of it beyond that purpose. Anything larger than 40k seats will be difficult to sell out for most UM games. So if I'm not mistaken they are talking about building a stadium roughly the size of this one, across town on the campus of FIU...

3231702748_68f64d1c32_c.jpg

...which by the way hosted this OT thriller last night, with FIU's coach making a gutsy call to go for the two-point conversion and the win:

But meanwhile as far as I know the FIU stadium does not get much use outside of their games, if any. So I don't know why a UM stadium would be any different. Does not seem like a cost-effective move relative to the price of the land they'd have to acquire, since there's no room for it on campus.

Being a Miami resident it is difficult to do, but I try my best to avoid all news and information about scUM. Their fans never shut up about the lack of respect the program gets, but are too dumb to understand why it doesn't deserve any. It's the most overrated team and has the worst fanbase in all of college football, in my opinion. And that's despite counting a number of them among my closest friends lol

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
a good portion of their few fans drive down from Broward. This location should go over well.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
At least we aren't UM.

Enjoy.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
At least we aren't UM.

Enjoy.

Only joy I’ve found this season is laughing at Miami and FSU losses :lol:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
They probably won't get bowl eligible, lot of losable games left for Scum. Their best win is over last place Va Tech. Of course we could end up the same way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They still have to play FSU, Clemson, and Pitt - it's unlikely they go bowling. Is it because of a lack of talent or suck-balls coaching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.