Miami second score summary & video

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches are going to have some fun with this one.The first thing that jumps out at me is Shawn Davis runs himself out of the play. At the snap:02 mark, he flies past Osborn to what he thinks will be a TFL on Martell. Of course it's a fake , and we now have one player out of position to make a play. We're in the 3-4 here
with Miller-Reese as ILB and Greenard and Moon outside. Taylor is the other safety. While Shawn
runs himself out of the play, Greenard takes on the block from #9. He does a decent job here considering
his job is not to let the back outside.However he has to strike the blocker with more force knocking the blocker back to create a smaller rushing lane for Dallas. While also keeping his outside arm free to make a tackle in case the back bounces the run outside, or the back gives it to Martel. He gets a C here because he does his primary responsibility, but certainly could have knocked the blocker back on his heels to disrupt the run.

While this is going on. J Taylor runs himself out of the play as well, just on the weak side. The DL
does a decent job of occupying the Miami OL. However Miller fights off a weak block and proceeds
to miss the tackle. CJ has help from Miller who has slowed down the back momentarily. A simple wrap up will do with Reese also in pursuit. CJ simply dives his right shoulder in the direction of the backs knees. Setting up Reese for yet another miss. While Reese and Marco both miss simultaneously around the 6-7 second mark. Moon, Greenard & Zuniga all loaf into the direction of the ball carrier. The back breaks free and it's 6 . Recap: 4 missed tackles, minimum 3 loafs from guys who could've realistically helped , and both safeties who ran themselves out of the play at the snap.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was it just me or did it seem that the commentators got really excited whenever the CoCanes scored. Somewhat revealed who they were rooting for it seemed.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches are going to have some fun with this one.The first thing that jumps out at me is Shawn Davis runs himself out of the play. At the snap:02 mark, he flies past Osborn to what he thinks will be a TFL on Martell. Of course it's a fake , and we now have one player out of position to make a play. We're in the 3-4 here
with Miller-Reese as ILB and Greenard and Moon outside. Taylor is the other safety. While Shawn
runs himself out of the play, Greenard takes on the block from #9. He does a decent job here considering
his job is not to let the back outside.However he has to strike the blocker with more force knocking the blocker back to create a smaller rushing lane for Dallas. While also keeping his outside arm free to make a tackle in case the back bounces the run outside, or the back gives it to Martel. He gets a C here because he does his primary responsibility, but certainly could have knocked the blocker back on his heels to disrupt the run.

While this is going on. J Taylor runs himself out of the play as well, just on the weak side. The DL
does a decent job of occupying the Miami OL. However Miller fights off a weak block and proceeds
to miss the tackle. CJ has help from Miller who has slowed down the back momentarily. A simple wrap up will do with Reese also in pursuit. CJ simply dives his right shoulder in the direction of the backs knees. Setting up Reese for yet another miss. While Reese and Marco both miss simultaneously around the 6-7 second mark. Moon, Greenard & Zuniga all loaf into the direction of the ball carrier. The back breaks free and it's 6 . Recap: 4 missed tackles, minimum 3 loafs from guys who could've realistically helped , and both safeties who ran themselves out of the play at the snap.

Thanks for this... one thing I didn't see until I watched it again after reading your write-up is how those guys thought the play was over and pulled up. They easily could have prevented that tackle. What a great learning experience about going all the way to the whistle.

I did see CJ just dive.. really bad effort by him on this run.

So much opportunity for the coaches to make a difference and coach up the players!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Got any videos of baby seals being clubbed? I find those just as enjoyable.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I don’t see either safety running themselves out of a play though neither of us know the call. Davis seems to have a clear key/assignment as he moves to attack mode as soon as Martell motions. Then Taylor has a field side run blitz as soon as Martell motions away and does pretty well forcing Dallas to 4 or more guys on the boundary who could make a tackle or get him out of bounds.

Not one person brought their arms to wrap up. Lazy tackling.

As for not raising their arms to tackle, only CJ did that shoulder throw method. Each of Miller, Reese and Marco used their arms to wrap up (though you maybe right about less than full effort). Reese missing is a bit more inexplicable because that is one of the things he usually does well. I wonder how much Marco being there limited Reese’s access to Dallas, which just happens sometimes (we actually benefited on Toney’s catch and run from one MIami defender helping pull another defender off Toney).

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you catch the announcer saying, "just doesn't want it"?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was it just me or did it seem that the commentators got really excited whenever the CoCanes scored. Somewhat revealed who they were rooting for it seemed.
I supposed the announcers should have acted all dejected about the TD, hoping that if they are morose enough everybody will turn off their televisions and they can go home early. Or perhaps they could have gone into some nice detail about how they're sure we'll do better next time and how our player's momma's are really proud of their sons.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Tackling was piss poor and nobody wanted to hit that guy, that was obvious. Major Wright, Reggie Nelson or Keanu Neal would have decleated his azz. Dallas is 5'10" 215.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

wtf, over.......

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Disappointing because Greenards highlights from Louisville showed him run down plays and basically was a high motor guy.

As far as the announcers go they were just as hyped for the fake punt and Toney touchdown. As the game went on Miami got a little more hype but that was because they shouldn't have been in the game. We shot ourselves and the momentum shift was obvious. It was an underdog story but I wouldn't say the announcers were less enthusiastic for us. Mmmmmaybe herbstreet but hes a douche

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.