Michigan is in Shambles: Harbaugh takes Chargers job

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate Deon Sanders but he was asked about this and I agree with his response. He said stealing signs in baseball is cheating because if you know a curve is coming you can smoke it. But football requires you to be able to stop the team in front of you. Said everyone knew Emmitt was getting the ball but no one could stop it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Said everyone knew Emmitt was getting the ball but no one could stop it.
Yeah, but they didn't know what KIND of run call was coming - they can be drastically different. Knowing the exact play coming would lead to catastrophic failure for the offense 95% of the time.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate Deon Sanders but he was asked about this and I agree with his response. He said stealing signs in baseball is cheating because if you know a curve is coming you can smoke it. But football requires you to be able to stop the team in front of you. Said everyone knew Emmitt was getting the ball but no one could stop it.

That’s interesting given that Deion couldn’t hit a curveball even if he knew it was coming

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Harbaugh is going to have a problem with his statement that he knew nothing. It’s becoming obvious other coaches were involved and if coaches were involved how can the HC plausibly deny knowledge? Let’s see there Jim, you’re a hands on CEO type, except when there’s rule-breaking going on and then it’s “No one was more surprised me!” Yeah, right. Of course if he can stall this thing a couple of months and win the B1G and a Natty, maybe all will be forgiven? Meatchicken will promise some sort of internal discipline, the NCAA will dock him a couple of schollys and that’ll be that. Ah, College Football at it’s best.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Or possibly the Buccaneers. Then again, the Glazers are too stupid to make that move.
The Glazers are in love with hiring successful DC’s as Head Coaches that have no ability or desire to have an attacking, efficient offense. The two times that they hired high profile offensive minded head coaches, they won Super Bowls. When Bowles was named to replace Arians, most Buc fans knew how the story would end.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Old hee haw hasn't missed a beat. Everything is a serious situation that requires a lot of words and umms and ya knows and shoulder shrugs and facial gestures.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member