Michigan sports talk show craps on Gators

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They have beaten our asses the last four times, they have the right to talk until we shut them up. If we go in there and beat their ass, that will shut them up. They have a schit season last year, and still beat us like Donkey beats his meat. They have treated us like the Sailors treat J's mouth when on shore leave. Until we beat their ass, they have the right to talk.

Fair point. The fact they've not won anything of substance since the mid-90s is irrelevant. I mean, I can think a few big names, college or otherwise, that fit that description, ya know.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fair point. The fact they've not won anything of substance since the mid-90s is irrelevant. I mean, I can think a few big names, college or otherwise, that fit that description, ya know.

It's been a decade ago since those games... and we haven't touched the conversation since. As Gator fans we like to point at them, but Nationally they are ancient history, similar to the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl wins.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's been a decade ago since those games... and we haven't touched the conversation since. As Gator fans we like to point at them, but Nationally they are ancient history, similar to the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl wins.

That's not where I was going with that at all. Hadn't even thought of that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's not where I was going with that at all. Hadn't even thought of that.

It's accurate thought, No one cares about Super Bowls won in the 90s', just like no one cares about Championships won in the 00's. It's ancient history.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's accurate thought, No one cares about Super Bowls won in the 90s', just like no one cares about Championships won in the 00's. It's ancient history.

I don't disagree. It's nice to have the have history and show your current program comes from good stock. But as you said, kids aren't signing up to play for Alabama because they have 15+ national championships. They're doing it because they have 4-5 they've personally witnessed.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fan of a team that has half a championship in 70 years talking sh*t about not being a brand name? The f*ck?

And regardless of what happens in this game, they still live in Michigan. We win by default.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Fan of a team that has half a championship in 60 years talking sh*t about not being a brand name? The f*ck?

And regardless of what happens in this game, they still live in Michigan. We win by default.

The upper peninsula is nice during the summer. The rest of the year it more desolate than the fourth round of the ninth circle.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
If you love mosquitos.

Black clouds of crazy suicidal mosquitos who are desperate because they are only going to live 3-5 weeks.

I grew up in Florida's interior and in a rural area. It should be the state bird. We didn't need clay pigeons because we could practice on the mosquitoes every dawn and dusk. I laugh with a hardy laughter at the mosquitoes of other climes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up in Florida's interior and in a rural area. It should be the state bird. We didn't need clay pigeons because we could practice on the mosquitoes every dawn and dusk. I laugh with a hardy laughter at the mosquitoes of other climes.
Yeah.... no.

I've been all over Florida and those mothereffers in UP and parts of Canada are a 1000 times worse. Way worse. Not even close. I don't know what the hell are wrong with those things. I suspect it's some mutant creature formed by nuclear radiation.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
6B947C91-4B83-424A-B1EC-E9A283239A90.jpeg 563959B6-5397-4AB8-9554-D9DA76DE1296.jpeg
A3AF8F37-035B-49EF-A176-0562DC03A07A.jpeg

Anyone been on the north west part of the lower peninsula?

I try to go near there every summer, a sleepy town called Onekama just an hour south of Traverse City. It is god’s Country, great hiking, fresh water, sweet kayaking. Arcadia Bluffs...one of the top courses in the Country.

That place really is my happy place.

But I’m never there in the Winter, so screw that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nobody has mosquitoes like Florida. I was outside a couple days ago adjusting some of our Christmas decorations at dusk. I was absolutely decimated by mosquitoes. In December.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They have beaten our asses the last four times, they have the right to talk until we shut them up. If we go in there and beat their ass, that will shut them up. They have a schit season last year, and still beat us like Donkey beats his meat. They have treated us like the Sailors treat J's mouth when on shore leave. Until we beat their ass, they have the right to talk.
This is kind of my sentiment. We have laid massive eggs every time we've played them. Every time. So if this team wants respect they're going to have to earn it. So far we've seen improvement but to be considered more than an afterthought we've got to start showing some consistency and not lose to teams like Kentucky, Missouri.....and Michigan.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Theyre just pissed because they know they’ve reached their ceiling.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah.... no.

I've been all over Florida and those mothereffers in UP and parts of Canada are a 1000 times worse. Way worse. Not even close. I don't know what the hell are wrong with those things. I suspect it's some mutant creature formed by nuclear radiation.

The breed in Flint's drinking water???

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Anyone been on the north west part of the lower peninsula?

I try to go near there every summer, a sleepy town called Onekama just an hour south of Traverse City. It is god’s Country, great hiking, fresh water, sweet kayaking. Arcadia Bluffs...one of the top courses in the Country.

That place really is my happy place.

But I’m never there in the Winter, so screw that.
Charlevoix is pretty cool. That whole area is nice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is going to be a tough game for our offense against that defense. We've struggled offensively against any team that has a pulse on defense (5 games of 20 offensive points or less this year). I hope Mullen has a good game plan or could get rolled. I'm just hoping Michigan comes in disinterested, like Bama vs. Utah in 2008. Otherwise, if Michigan can get to 24 or so points I don't see us outscoring them.

Yeah.... no.

I was in Alaska a few summers ago and the mosquitos were about the size of a horse-fly and ate my ass up!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan does occasionally make national waves. CBbkU1eUsAERXwU.jpeg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bro, he said we aren’t a name brand and THEY ARE MICHIGAN FANS.

They haven’t won an outright title since WWII ended three years prior. They have a losing bowl record. They have three losing seasons in the last 10 years. We have the same amount of Heismans.

Nobody gives a shyt about Michigan. Nobody alive can remember their last elite season. Fvkk these clowns
:exactly: did you support the boys in MSG the other night?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I dont know about the skeeters up in yankee land but those down here never really bothered me much till I went to the everglades with my brother 15 yrs ago. Chokoloskee I think it was called. You could hardly breathe there were so many. Found deer flies in that swamp on the FL Ga border that thick too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb