Michigan State fallout...how far will it go?

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Smoke, fire, etc. We've certainly seen different aspects related to money, recruiting, etc recently (and the apparent non-fallout at least where Ole Miss is concerned...). This MSU story keeps getting bigger and bigger. And now LSU is parading the "not proven guilty" aspect of risk management.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time in college athletics and to be frank I'm losing my stomach to continue to watch and support major college athletics. I just don't like cheering for teenage rapists. Other fans may feel the same way and if they don't clean it up how long will fans who try to teach their children right and wrong keep supporting the charade.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would hope we are not accepting any such, after all we have a code of conduct that suspends you for such activities. There is much more to being a Gator than your ability to play your sport. Perhaps the SEC needs a rule about this, one that the NCAA could eventually adopt.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are living in a "guilt by association" society....

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm a father of two daughters, but it bothers me that merely making the accusation of sexual assault is enough to have consequences for young men. I've seen it first hand with one of my daughter's friends. They put the kid in handcuffs and the school kicked him out of the magnet program - on nothing stronger than an allegation. He had to be able to prove he was not guilty and even then, it took a threat to sue to get him reinstated in the school. There have been no consequences for the young woman - other than the social ones.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I'm a father of two daughters, but it bothers me that merely making the accusation of sexual assault is enough to have consequences for young men. I've seen it first hand with one of my daughter's friends. They put the kid in handcuffs and the school kicked him out of the magnet program - on nothing stronger than an allegation. He had to be able to prove he was not guilty and even then, it took a threat to sue to get him reinstated in the school. There have been no consequences for the young woman - other than the social ones.

I have a similar story involving a close family friend. In his case, the evidence of innocence is so strong that any prosecutor with a spine would press charges on the accuser for providing a false report to a police officer (he was several hundred miles away when the alleged event occurred and has witnesses, receipts, and video evidence to prove it). Unfortunately the climate of today combined with the area of the country where the accusation occurred have not been helpful. Instead my friend had to go through several weeks of humiliation to clear his name, while the lying accuser to this day is receiving sympathy prayers for something that only happened in her sick imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.