Mick Hubert and McGriff

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was traveling yesterday and didn't get to see him the game. I listen to bid on wruf which I thought would be a welcome change.

Instead what I heard was kind of shocking. Now Mick is not an X's and O's guy but McGriff is. Last night McGriff would not call out the name of players making mistakes. he would say it was a cornerback blitz and none of the defensive backs covered the receiver etc. He did it on every bad play as far as I remember which of course was often on defense.

is this new? I swear I don't remember this in the past and I've listened to a ton of Mick Hubert & Co.

the university has silenced them?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If they are being told to not call out players, I’d bet it’s not a UF-specific thing, but rather about the “exploitation” talk of student athletes that’s taken root across the game. We’re not supposed to be critical any more. Only supportive and with glowing commendation.

#effthehatersififeellikethrowingashoeimdoingit #onlygodcanjudgeme

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With all due respect Law, you were listening to Mick who is a terrible play by play guy and is often confused on yardage and direction. It is impossible to follow the play listening to him,. Lee is old as Methusallah and the game has changed dramatically and he is not all that well versed in analyzing the action. And to be fair you were listening to homers, and homers do not typically give it to you with clear glasses on.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect Law, you were listening to Mick who is a terrible play by play guy and is often confused on yardage and direction. It is impossible to follow the play listening to him,. Lee is old as Methusallah and the game has changed dramatically and he is not all that well versed in analyzing the action. And to be fair you were listening to homers, and homers do not typically give it to you with clear glasses on.
The only sport Mick is good at commentating on is baseball and he gave that up a couple of years ago. He should have stuck with baseball and given up football and basketball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect Law, you were listening to Mick who is a terrible play by play guy and is often confused on yardage and direction....
Mick is just a familiar old friend to hear.

Lee was always pretty good and he occasionally start breaking plays down a little bit but you can tell he's been told to dumb it down.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably scared that they'll get hit with a pair of cletes.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
You start calling out players by name and you encourage idiots to attack named player on social media.
It becomes a feeding frenzy for boards like this.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You start calling out players by name and you encourage idiots to attack named player on social media.
It becomes a feeding frenzy for boards
like this.

Fortunately, they didn’t mention any specific names, so none of that has happened this week. We could’ve seen entire threads devoted to such stuff. May have been bad.:lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Remember back in the day when Refs wouldn’t call the number of the player who had been penalized?
Just... “dead ball foul, unsportsmanlike conduct on the defense- automatic first down”

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the new approach is to emphasize the positive and ignore the negative?

Sounds kinda like the current social mores of America in general doesn’t it?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So now all the twitter users are listening to McGriff so they can decide who to pick on next? Ok. Thank god for that little bit of protection. I hope that none of these twatters figure out that the game is on TV.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of their calls from 2019, two years ago, have not aged well. Like this one from the Florida State game:

Mick: "Freddie Swain in the endzone, all alone QUARANTINE!!! Touchdown Gators!!!!"

Lee: "Well Mick, you said it. It was as if the FSU defenders all had elevated RNA viral loads, had lungs laden with blood clots and basically died suffocating on their own blood. They were nowhere to be found on that play."

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Some of their calls from 2019, two years ago, have not aged well. Like this one from the Florida State game:

Mick: "Freddie Swain in the endzone, all alone QUARANTINE!!! Touchdown Gators!!!!"

Lee: "Well Mick, you said it. It was as if the FSU defenders all had elevated RNA viral loads, had lungs laden with blood clots and basically died suffocating on their own blood. They were nowhere to be found on that play."

Fake news. If someone had sneezed in the building next to Ron Zook Field at Joke Shambles the game would have been postponed indefinitely.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

What do you perceive as wrong with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator