Mick Hubert and McGriff

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Swamp Donkey, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,493
    Ratings:
    +3,866 / -405
    Mick with SO many classic calls throughout his Gators career. He definitely is one of the very best in the business and should be in the broadcasting HOF if he isn't already. Really nice guy too, we used to run into him at the home basketball games. He gave our first son a high five a couple of years ago and said "Nice shirt, Future Gator!" Good stuff from Mick as always. Oh My!

• ergator920103

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $402
      Ratings:
      +792 / -71
      McGriff is horrible.

• jeeping8r

jeeping8r Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere

Oxbucks:
        $554
        Ratings:
        +719 / -23
        In the immortal words of Rodney Carrington, "You just can't try dick"

78 Dazed and Confused
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $15,650
        Ratings:
        +22,193 / -1,187
        He replaced Scot Brantley, who might still be the sidekick if the 1979 hit and 2008 stroke hadn’t left him disabled.

• ergator920103

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $402
        Ratings:
        +792 / -71
        I think McGriff replaced Brantley because Brantley was very critical of Zook and McGriff isn't critical of anyone or anything. Brantley was excellent.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Bring Back Mohammed and Assquish
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $62,889
          Ratings:
          +94,201 / -6,372
          I don't remember McGriff being just to refusing to call players or coaches out. Til last year.

A DB lost his man again and the safety was no where to be found again.

Whatever dude. Everyone with eyes knew who it was.

• BruceWayne

BruceWayne Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $990
          Ratings:
          +1,249 / -152
          Mick had some exciting calls in the 90's. Since about the 2002 season he has sucked. If you are just listening on the radio alone and trusting Mick to paint an accurate picture of the action, Good Luck! He often will sound excited when an opponent makes a good play against us. Almost like it's by accident his voice will ramp up and make you maybe think the Gators made a play when it actually was our opponent. It still bugs me that he called PF Chris Richard, "Cliff" for four straight years without anybody correcting him. McGriff I don't have much of a problem with him. He's pretty good at describing the action. Idk what any of you are talking about with Brantley. He was terrible because of the head injuries. I think he's a nice guy. But he should've never been in the booth calling a game. We should get Bates to take Mick's place. Shane to take Lee's place. James Bates has some experience calling games and he's funny. Shane is super knowledgeable about the game and he's got a cool Southern Mississippi accent that fits in well down here.