Mick'd up Georgia edition

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That pick 6 was horrible, both the route by the receiver and the horrific tackling after the pick.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Will probably watch this 100 more times this week.

McPherson is a stud.

We scored more points after Pitts left the game than before.

Shorter is a poor man's Pitts and I see potential for him to step up into that role against Arky.

Toney had a bad game. He danced a lot. Hopefully he gets some coaching, especially about fielding punts at the 4 yard line then just bouncing around left and right until defenders are on him. Let that punt go into the endzone.

Trask play action is really good. Several times the camera followed the running back on pass play and air pass on run play.

UGA depth isn't as good as people think. Is this a case of recruiting services bumping their stars after commitments?

Our OL played great.

Wright is a beast.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Toney had a bad game. He danced a lot. Hopefully he gets some coaching, especially about fielding punts at the 4 yard line then just bouncing around left and right until defenders are on him. Let that punt go into the endzone.
He often reminded me of the old Toney; it was like he was trying to do too much. It also looked like he was having trouble with the wet turf. Lastly, I think the Dwags also got the memo about not try to tackle him up high.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
That wet field had a lot to do with it too...but the one jet sweep and the punt return were inexcusable...that woulda been at the 25 if he lets it go

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Toney over-juked because the UGa defenders stood in all directions. They gave him no daylight.
IMO he will do better vs the Pigs.
If there is such a thing as Head-Coach Learning, Na'Quan Wright should be given a bigger chance to star.
Still, I am very happy with the performance of Trask's Gators ... very unhappy with our DB-speed .... need harsher pass rush

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He often reminded me of the old Toney; it was like he was trying to do too much. It also looked like he was having trouble with the wet turf. Lastly, I think the Dwags also got the memo about not try to tackle him up high.

I heard that he had an ankle tweak, and add that to wet turf and that's kryptonite for a guy like that. Take away his ankle and traction and he's just another smurf.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yikes! Georgia had even more receivers running open than I remembered. I saw at least 5 overthrows to open deep receivers and a couple drops. Not trying to rain on any game where we beat Georgia but we still have major issues in our secondary. Trask also threw a few passes that could/should have been intercepted. One of them would have been a second pick 6.

I really like our running backs. They run hard and are huge weapons as receivers. The O-line is vastly improved from last year although it was still pretty tough sledding up the middle for the running backs. Great win with things that still need improvment if we want to beat the Bamas and Clemsons of the world.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I meant to add that I think you have to take what you get from Toney. What he has is coachable but I think you have to let his feel and subconscious guide him. You wouldn't take Jimi Hendrix and put him through a 4yr music theory undergrad program because it can change the instincts he had. No ... you want Jimi to just play the damn guitar and do his thing. I think it is the same for Toney. He just needs to better know when to accept defeat and get the 1-2 yds vs keep digging a hole and losing 10yds. When you have kids with all that talent it can be hard to coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yikes! Georgia had even more receivers running open than I remembered. I saw at least 5 overthrows to open deep receivers and a couple drops. Not trying to rain on any game....
Mehhhh.... SEC is full of terrible offenses and especially terrible passing offenses.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mehhhh.... SEC is full of terrible offenses and especially terrible passing offenses.
I was listening to a local sports talk radio show on the drive home tonight and they had Greg McElroy on as a guest. He was lamenting the quality of the SEC O-line play over the last couple of seasons. I hadn’t noticed (other than UFs).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
For some reason, I don't hear Mick calling wide-open receivers in the endzone "ALL ALONE, QUARANTINE!!!!" anymore.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb