Mike Bianchi loses it again...

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Forget about transferring, I am shocked this kid is able to play football ever again. Man he nearly lost his leg...

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
My apologies...
Forget FSU and Nebraska, Gators should sign McKenzie Milton | Commentary
By MIKE BIANCHI
ORLANDO SENTINEL |
DEC 08, 2020

LYYEYOWTDRG2LCE7OT5YBGZDJY.jpg

Former UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton would be the perfect choice to run UF coach Dan Mullen's new pass-oriented offense next season. (John Raoux / AP)

The common consensus seems to be that the struggling, offensively challenged Florida State Seminoles should immediately offer McKenzie Milton a scholarship so he will transfer from UCF to FSU.

I have a much better idea: I believe the flourishing, offensively thriving Florida Gators should try to lure McKenzie Milton to Gainesville to replace potential Heisman Trophy winner Kyle Trask next season.

Milton indicated during an interview on our radio show Friday — a day after he announced he was entering the transfer portal — that, “a school or two from Florida have reached out as well as some coaches from around the country.”

And why wouldn’t they? Any college football program in the nation that needs an elite quarterback next season should be reaching out to Milton to see if he is a fit for their program. Bring him in. Examine his knee. And if he’s healthy, offer him a scholarship. Immediately.

This kid was one of the most magical quarterbacks in the country when he went down with that horrific knee injury two seasons ago. He led the Scott Frost-coached UCF Knights to an undefeated 13-0 season in 2017 and directed the nation’s highest scoring offense.

A year later, he was on his way to leading the Josh Heupel-coached Knights to another undefeated season during which the Knights finished fifth in the nation in total offense. Among college quarterbacks, Milton finished fourth nationally in total offense in 2017 and 10th in 2018.

When I asked him on Tuesday, Heupel confided he has been fielding calls from coaches across the country and he assures them that, when healthy, Milton will return to his rightful place among college football’s best quarterbacks.

“When healthy, he’s as good as anybody,” Heupel said. “I tell them [coaches who call] that he’s close to being back to 100%, and there’s nobody better than him when he’s at 100%. This story is not complete yet and it’s an unbelievable story that is still being written. I’m excited for him and his future.”

Of course, as Heupel says, Milton must be healthy if he is going to be the quarterback he once was. Obviously, Milton and his advisers feel he is going to be physically ready to play at a high level next fall or else why would he be transferring? If he’s not ready to play and play well, it would have been much easier for him to just stay at UCF as a backup for his final year of eligibility.

In a recent interview with ESPN, UCF head football athletic trainer Mary Vander Heiden said Milton’s knee is stable and its strength is “within normal limits.” If this is the case — and, as Heupel says, Milton is close to being 100% — then the Gators should definitely pursue him.

I realize Emory Jones is supposedly the heir apparent to Trask, but is anybody really sure whether Jones can be an elite college quarterback? Yes, Jones was highly recruited out of high school, has been at UF for three years and has patiently waited his turn, but all we really know about him is that he’s a good runner.

The rest of this useless article you can get by clicking the link, it is not subscription only like some drunk pointed out.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
A completely reconstructed knee in an offense requiring a qb who needs to be a willing runner?

sounds legit

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hell can't hurt better than him going to an FSU and making them possibly relevant again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"I realize Emory Jones is supposedly the heir apparent to Trask, but is anybody really sure whether Jones can be an elite college quarterback? Yes, Jones was highly recruited out of high school, has been at UF for three years and has patiently waited his turn, but all we really know about him is that he’s a good runner."

We're as sure of that as we are that a kid who's only ever played a Conf-Usa schedule can handle the SEC, especially with a rebuilt leg.

I wish Milton the best and hope he's not dumb enough to go to Tally. A one year stop in CG makes a lot more sense from every possible angle.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
The rest of this useless article you can get by clicking the link, it is not subscription only like some drunk pointed out.

I may be nuts, and I may be drunk. When I click on that link I get a popup box that says i have to have a subscription to read it with no options but subscription... So There...

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
So this writer thinks he is good enough to come to UF as the heir apparent but not good enough to start at UCF.

And Hoeppel thinks he is as good as anyone in CFB except the current QB at UCF.

Something is amiss....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.