Mike Leach hired at MSU; already entertaining the masses

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
He’s resigning because of a tweet? This generation is completely ****ed if that’s what the issue is...it was a joke about quarantine idc what part of the country you’re in if that triggers you, you’re the problem

*** the account has 350 followers it’s gotta be fake news...

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have a noose story from my army days.

Once I found a little hangman's noose laying around that somebody had made with a bootlace. By reverse-engineering it I taught myself how to tie a real noose, with the 13 loops and everything.

Then I found a length of black rope and decided to tie a noose on each end of it. I took this double-ended noose back to my barracks room and festooned it around an Iron Maiden poster that a previous occupant had left there. I thought it looked pretty cool in a morbid, army-humor kind of way.

However my good friend and roommate at the time, Jerry S., a black dude from Birmingham, AL, was not particularly pleased when he got back to the room saw the new decor.

Of course I had heard of lynchings, but being a young guy from South Florida I didn't really appreciate the extent to which nooses were not seen as funny or amusing novelty items AT ALL by black southerners.

At first I thought Jerry was overreacting and I didn't want to take it down. So he had to stage an intervention with four other black guys who impressed upon me (in a sincere way) that it really was offensive to them, and it wasn't right to make Jerry have to look at something like that every day.

I apologized and took the rope down. But instead of untying or getting rid of it like I should have, I gave it to a couple white guys that roomed together, who I thought would dig it because they were hardcore heavy metal fans. They hung it up in their room.

Then my roommate Jerry and his newly-formed posse of black anti-noosers found out about it. They marched over there and tried to make those guys take it down too, even though there weren't any black soldiers living in that room. They refused to take it down, so the posse went to the First Sergeant about it.

The First Sergeant went to the room and told those guys to get rid of it. But instead of saying, "yes, Top," and 86ing that thing post haste, they apparently got a little lippy about it and started talking about First Amendment rights and so forth. Bad idea.

So now I'm coming back from the motor pool, and who do I see outside, sitting side by side while putting fresh coats of yellow and green paint on some big decorative boulders in front of our barracks? The two heavy metal roommates, Beavis & Butthead, each with one end of that double-ended noose strung around their necks! Hahaha! Sorry, fellas. I felt kind of bad, but hey, all I did was give them the rope. I didn't tell them to literally hang themselves with it by talking back to Top!
So that's my noose story. Not that great of a story actually, now that I've written it all out. :zzzzz: Sorry! It's better when I tell it in person, after a few beers. :dunno:

Sounds like how I remember my days in the barracks. We got in trouble with airsoft guns instead of nooses though.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just because it is Resurrection Week, this memory popped up after reading the noose post. When I was on faculty at Squadron Officers School, we had a lecturer from the State Department, Mr. Bostain, who spoke on cultural differences. Things like what "on time" meant in Latin America, don't show the soles of your feet in certain cultures, don't use your left hand socially with Bedouins, etc. Of course some of the young officers would chuckle about how illogically sensitive some backwards cultures could be. Then Mr. Bostain would opine about what religious ornament Christians would wear if Christ had been tried and executed in the 19th or early 20th century. Of course the answer is a noose instead of a Cross. No one chuckled.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Leach and Mississippi State are like oil and water.

Disagree. They got spoiled with Dak & Dan ringing up more points per game that most of them ever remember. If the pirate can score lots of points, even if he gives up a ton, they’ll love him.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Disagree. They got spoiled with Dak & Dan ringing up more points per game that most of them ever remember. If the pirate can score lots of points, even if he gives up a ton, they’ll love him.

Mike Leach is going to get his ass handed to him on a platter in the SEC. He’ll make Sylvester Croom look good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is going to score a lot of points. His defenses are ATROCIOUS, but most of the teams in the SEC can barely get to 20 against air.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Pirate. We wouldn't win shyt but at least his years here would be fun. I think losing 62-50 is better than losing 17-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb