Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
and yet, the final four nor any major ncaa event will never be awarded to Miss'ippi.

You’re right about major events but Ole Miss and State have held NCAA regional baseball tournaments which the NCAA would have withheld.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I’m as conservative as the next guy, but it needed to go. It was only added in the 1890’s and no doubt was about sticking a finger in people’s eyes. I hate that taking it off was in response to the mob - rewarding bad behavior never sits well with me - but it’s just not appropriate on a state flag.

The new flag which will be voted on by the people (I think that’s right) will have to have the words “In God We Trust” on it which is not going to be an objection to most Mississippians but is certain to draw the ire of liberals who reside in other states.

What’s going to be different this time is that the state’s populace will not be able to vote on the current flag. When this flag issue came up before a while back Mississippians voted by a pretty substantial margin to keep the current flag. In this political climate, and with 38% of the state’s population being black, I don’t think the current flag would win again, but I do feel the people should have the right to vote on it. They won’t get that opportunity.

The state of Mississippi was being hurt economically and in more and more circles the flag was being rejected. None of the state’s universities were flying the flag on their campuses.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
th
th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members