Gator Basketball Mike White’s newly hired asst Armon Gates gone already?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow this is interesting and perplexing and confusing. We Didn't Want Him Anyways!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We may never get a full answer, after all these are just rumors as far as I can tell.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He stepped off the plane wearing red and black. Went downhill from there.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just call UF... Career Builders II

if we're not making carnival barkers millionaires, we hire the lost and bewildered :eek3:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Weird. Wish we had more info. A change of heart does not tell us much.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-basketball-armon-gates-hired-report-2018

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsport...circuitous-journey-college-assistant-coaches/

Read that it is possible Gates wasn't getting along with the others and wanted responsibilities that other assistants had.

That's what is sounds like... It seems like he's a wanted commodity in "the industry" (as White said). So he probably didn't have a problem landing another job. How do you walk into a new job and get booted in 3 weeks? It's like the movie "Friday", he got fired on his day off!! :D

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's what is sounds like... It seems like he's a wanted commodity in "the industry" (as White said). So he probably didn't have a problem landing another job. How do you walk into a new job and get booted in 3 weeks? It's like the movie "Friday", he got fired on his day off!! :D

Three things I can think of.

1. Gates either did something on a crootin trip that White didn't like

2. Gates refused to do some things they initially agreed on

3. He just didn't get along with White, Mincey, Nichols.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's a rumor going around that our athletic department couldn't cover Gates first pay check and things went sour. But don't worry, apparently we've already start to write up a contract for p.k. youngs top jv basketball assistant. Obviously he's the second hottest commodity out there right now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a rumor going around that our athletic department couldn't cover Gates first pay check and things went sour. But don't worry, apparently we've already start to write up a contract for p.k. youngs top jv basketball assistant. Obviously he's the second hottest commodity out there right now.

PK Yonge is already getting paid by the university....

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
DMd3DAVUEAANELS.jpg

It's just something about that trendy Nebraska logo that makes people want to be a Cornhusker.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

It's just something about that trendy Nebraska logo that makes people want to be a Cornhusker.
His teeth look a lot less yellow when there's corn and mustard around.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I still can't believe this dude was lobbying for the Nebraska job while workin here .

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I see that pic it makes me feel like smashing those teeth.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So they hire a new coach and can't pay him? Now that sounds odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator