Gator Basketball Mike White on Indiana’s HC short list?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fingers crossed...

Mike White (Florida) - there has been a little chatter on White but not enough to move him up into the top half dozen. Only 44, White has led the Gators to the Elite Eight in the past and had the Sweet Sixteen within the grasp before a late collapse Sunday night. The latter a notable accomplishment given the loss of the team's top player in December (Keyontae Johnson). White has never had a losing SEC record and owns a career winning percentage of around 66 percent.

Indiana coaching search hot board: Version 5.0

Also from a previous article:

“One new addition to the next hot board will be Mike White of Florida. I don't know how high up he will be. Probably not top five or such, but have learned he could be very approachable about the opportunity.”

Mike White on Indiana's HC Hot Board

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way he goes to IU. They just fired Archie Miller and the articles about him was that his teams couldn't finish games and they couldn't shoot and that he didn't develop players. SAME as MW

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Before we get too excited, who is coaching at MissSt now that Stricklin will bring in next?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Before we get too excited, who is coaching at MissSt now that Stricklin will bring in next?
Yup, next head coach for the Gators:

Ben Howland - Men's Basketball Coach - Mississippi State

IEIVREIMQWISYDE.20150326184210.jpg

He coached UCLA to the Final Four in 2006 and 2007.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Yup, next head coach for the Gators:

Ben Howland - Men's Basketball Coach - Mississippi State

IEIVREIMQWISYDE.20150326184210.jpg

He coached UCLA to the Final Four in 2006 and 2007.
If I heard the announcer correctly earlier in the season during a match up between Miss St and UF under Mike White of course, Miss St has beaten UF for a 3rd straight year, something that hasn't happened since the early 90's(or a few years later).

Didn't Ben Howland get SH!t canned at UCLA for cheating and/or recruiting violations?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Indiana would be idiots not to hire Porter Moser.

If the IU peeps who ponied up 10M to fire Miller had any brains, they would have already forced the IU brass to have a signed contract with Moser so as the minute Loyola loses, Moser is at IU the next day working!

But if they wish to hire Mike, I know of about 300 people that would personally help Mike move ALL his belongings at no charge.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We can all hope, I hope the ex Gator who was at Memphis would come on board.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If the IU peeps who ponied up 10M to fire Miller had any brains, they would have already forced the IU brass to have a signed contract with Moser so as the minute Loyola loses, Moser is at IU the next day working!

But if they wish to hire Mike, I know of about 300 people that would personally help Mike move ALL his belongings at no charge.
My guess is the idiots at Indiana will try to get Brad Stevens and when he says no, some other team will scoop up Porter and it'll look like the Tennessee football coach search.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
upload_2021-3-22_14-14-52.jpeg
i know their coach wouldn’t leave for the mess here, but maybe we can pull Sister Jean away.

Probably a better game day coach

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb