Miles Garrett hits QB over the head with helmet; claims "racial slur" a week later

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least gonna get one game? :facepalm:

You are nuts. The NFL is a LOT different from Haynesworth days. This is a MINIMUM 16 game ban, and a bunch of people are calling for a permanent banishment.

Didn't realy Garrett was the head stomper....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He should actually go to jail. He took off his helmet and used it as a weapon and hit somebody in the head. That should be assault with a deadly weapon.

That would not be in the NFL jurisdiction... Sounds like the attorney for the qb is already talking about this route, but that would be the Cleveland police departments arena not the NFL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That would not be in the NFL jurisdiction... Sounds like the attorney for the qb is already talking about this route, but that would be the Cleveland police departments arena not the NFL.

You could see that in his press conference comments. The body language, the insistence on keeping answers short, giving no opinions and a mantra of “watch the tape” said it all. I was saying to someone in my office this morning that it was clear he’d already talked to someone and is going to pursue this.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe Rudolph got off scot-free on this. After the initial late hit, he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off FROM THE BACK, then kicked him in the nuts. Garrett should be gone for 16 games for his actions, but Rudolph's actions deserve a short suspension as well, including him coming after Garrett after they'd already been separated.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe Rudolph got off scot-free on this. After the initial late hit, he tried to rip Garrett's helmet off FROM THE BACK, then kicked him in the nuts. Garrett should be gone for 16 games for his actions, but Rudolph's actions deserve a short suspension as well, including him coming after Garrett after they'd already been separated.
Rudolph threw 4 picks and was horrendous. He's probably thrilled this happened because everyone has forgotten how Godawful he was. They need to go to the next guy.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Being born a Western Pa. kid ( followed parents to Fort Lauderdale ) I am a born again hard Steeler fan. So you can guess how I feel about the "Brown Stains".
I respect Pouncey as a Gator, and for his Steeler leadership .
I understand the suspension but think 3 games is too much. But I don't think he will get it reduced. I listened to his post game comments and he said he doesn't remember much because he sort of blacked out when he saw what happened to Rudolph. Not sure if temporary insanity caused by being pissed off can be used in his appeal.
Garrett is like Vontaze Burfict a repeat, "A hole" offender and the season long suspension is in my view warranted.
The hate that these teams have for each other goes back into the 60's and then 70's when the Steelers started their rise. Brown's DL "Turkey Joe "Jones dumped Bradshaw on his head in 76 and the Browns fans called it his greatest sack. ( link below.) As some have pointed out I suspect that Kitchens and his staff may have engaged in some bounty's for knock out hits on the Steeler's. Let's see if any more suspensions are handed down from King Rodger. Suffice to say this is not the Steeler's year, and as long as the "Stains" go home early as well I am ok.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Rudolph threw 4 picks and was horrendous. He's probably thrilled this happened because everyone has forgotten how Godawful he was. They need to go to the next guy.
Agree. Maybe Tomlin will voluntarily suspend Rudolph and give Hodges another start.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Pouncey's are the kind of lunatics you want on your OL. They are animals.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I’m not sure why this was said? Of course it’s a police matter and not the NFL. I’m not sure the point of the post?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure why this was said? Of course it’s a police matter and not the NFL. I’m not sure the point of the post?
That's been a sentiment muttered after one of Doug's posts hundreds of times.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You responded about a post about suspension with the legal ramifications, which was an apples and oranges response.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yep. Lets just say putting some of the quotes coming from media members, athletes and entertainers would move this to the political forum.
I saw the articles on the suspensions and didn’t even need to look for these reactions. So predictable and stupid.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw the articles on the suspensions and didn’t even need to look for these reactions. So predictable and stupid.

Miami vs. FIU is Still College Football’s Most Violent, Vicious Brawl

In total, 13 players received penalties and were ejected from the game — Eight of them were from FIU while there were five from Miami. There were 31 players suspended after the game. Florida International had 18 players suspended by the Sun Belt Conference, each for a single game, and the team suspended them indefinitely. Smith and McDuffie, the initiators of the brawl, were kicked off the team instead of just a suspension.

Miami had 13 players suspended following the fight. Bryant, Meriweather and Reddick were each suspended indefinitely while the rest missed the following game against Duke

Miami-FIU Brawl Announcer
As the brawl took place, former Miami Hurricanes receiver Lamar Thomas was the color analyst for the game and was supporting how the players for his Alma mater were handling themselves.

Here’s what Thomas said as the fight escalated out of control, via ESPN:

“Now, that’s what I’m talking about. You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don’t come into the [Orange Bowl] playing that stuff. You’re across the ocean over there. You’re across the city. You can’t come over to our place talking noise like that. You’ll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.”

Due to these comments, Thomas was fired by CBS. When the game was being rebroadcast later in the week, Thomas’ comments were edited out of the footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.