Miles Garrett hits QB over the head with helmet; claims "racial slur" a week later

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I tell my kids all the time that saying sorry doesnt make the thing you did ok and erase what happened. It may be "out of character" and "not like someone", but he still could have killed him.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Hope you guys didn't study engineering at UF. Helmet would have to be slightly larger, but external appearance otherwise need not change.

Special teams player Steve Tasker in the 90's played for the Bill's had padding on the outside of his helmet. I think it was "protection" because he had so many concussions.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Special teams player Steve Tasker in the 90's played for the Bill's had padding on the outside of his helmet. I think it was "protection" because he had so many concussions.

yeah- and he reminded me of this guy:

The_Great_Gazoo.png

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I did prosecute some arzehole kid (about 26 of course) who mooned the entire graduation once.

Well, don’t leave us in suspense. Did you secure a conviction or some sort of plea bargain...or did he beat the charges? If you scored a victory, what was he ultimately convicted of and what was the punishment (I’m assuming 10 years minimum in a max security prison but that’s just a hunch)?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course it went there. Race card is always pulled out.

Sources: Garrett says Rudolph used racial slur
Of course. This quote nails it:

“Contacted after the allegations were reported, Rudolph's attorney Timothy M. Younger said: "According to ESPN, in his appeal, Myles Garrett falsely asserted that Mason Rudolph uttered a racial slur toward him, prior to swinging a helmet at Mason's uncovered head, in a desperate attempt to mitigate his suspension. This is a lie. This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett.”

Amazing how it never came up until trying to get out of being punished. Every time a slur is really used and instigates an issue, its the first thing players talk about. Garrett never thought to mention it in his initial comments or apology? Seems relevant. Whole thing is ridiculous.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt Rudolph yelled a racial slur at him. That's fairly common behavior for a white guy who's surrounded by 15-20 huge and amped up black guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, don’t leave us in suspense. Did you secure a conviction or some sort of plea bargain...or did he beat the charges? If you scored a victory, what was he ultimately convicted of and what was the punishment (I’m assuming 10 years minimum in a max security prison but that’s just a hunch)?
He pleaded guilty. Im sure it was time served, but I dont recall. We had hundreds of files a day.

The real punishment was the dumbass being paraded out in cuffs.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Been with my boss the past few days, he lives in Cleveland. Huge Browns fan. He got the racial slur news and said “you had to know this was coming from Garett.”

I told him Pouncey is from the hood and he was right there, if he heard that no way was he defending Rudolph the way he did.

It’s BS.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Been with my boss the past few days, he lives in Cleveland. Huge Browns fan. He got the racial slur news and said “you had to know this was coming from Garett.”

I told him Pouncey is from the hood and he was right there, if he heard that no way was he defending Rudolph the way he did.

It’s BS.
Yeah, when Garrett was on top of Rudolph, there were two Steelers players right there trying to get him off. Other players would have heard it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What bothers me more than the false accusation itself, is the expectation of what will happen once the accusation is leveled. The fact that we have gotten to a point in society where there's a reasonable belief that one can simply deploy the race card to get off with a slap on the wrist for actions such as assault and battery is truly disgusting.

It shouldn't matter what rudolph did or didnt say to him. Words aren't criminal and no words are justification for assault. You assault someone, you deal with consequences, even if you feel they had it coming. That's what a man would do. Garrett is a 275 lb wet pvssy.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What bothers me more than the false accusation itself, is the expectation of what will happen once the accusation is leveled. The fact that we have gotten to a point in society where there's a reasonable belief that one can simply deploy the race card to get off with a slap on the wrist for actions such as assault and battery is truly disgusting.

It shouldn't matter what rudolph did or didnt say to him. Words aren't criminal and no words are justification for assault. You assault someone, you deal with consequences, even if you feel they had it coming. That's what a man would do. Garrett is a 275 lb wet pvssy.
Yeah, he went full Jussie.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 9.57.48 PM.png

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I was about to post the same thing, you beat me to it. As if somehow a racial slur provides even a molecule of justification.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How a Lyle Alzado apeshyt moment (there were many more) turned into a rule.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Bronco Nagurski's helmet was padded, offering protection to his own head and some protection to other players hit by his externally padded helmet. Today rules are changed and everyone wrings their hands fearing the helmet as a deadly weapon, even when it is on the players head. The helmets are carefully engineered to protect the players wearing them. It would be very easy to add some external padding to offer some protection to player's hit by the helmet. Why isn't external padding required?
Even with today's helmets, the brain is still bouncing around inside the skull on these hits and that's what causes the damage. Padding is not going to change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.