Military Pension/Social Security/Inheritance/Long Lost Grandmother

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
If you are going to sit on this decision for awhile, you should have it reappraised and pay half at that time.

It might have been more appropriate for you to post this in ADG's am I the azzhole thread.
If at the time in the future we were to have it reappraised, the value could go up which would mean we would owe him more than we currently do. Granted though, it could drop too but IMO that is unlikely.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I am more in shock that half a trailer in Alabama is worth a nice Kubota tractor.
You do know that the state of Texas has more trailer homes than any other state followed closely by Florida, right? :fistbump:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If at the time in the future we were to have it reappraised, the value could go up which would mean we would owe him more than we currently do.
That's the whole point.

Basically you are fuchsing over this relative who has been exceedingly nice about it. You are the azzhole in this situation.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My dad left his house and his 2 cars to my sister in his will. We dont know why. And I am not going to waste another second thinking about it.

However, if he left us both something to split.... then I would expect us to split it. Or one person buy the other person out of their half. Today.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
My dad left his house and his 2 cars to my sister in his will. We dont know why. And I am not going to waste another second thinking about it.

However, if he left us both something to split.... then I would expect us to split it. Or one person buy the other person out of their half. Today.

Maybe he thought your doing better in life and she needs it?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I'm starting to understand why his mom hated him...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You can even do it with a home via a certain type of deed.
Ladybird Deed in Life Estate automatically passes to remaindermen upon death....In my case of investment or non homestead property they are to be paid off(if there is any mortgage)along with any taxes/insurance with funds from my trading account which is paid directly upon death to the remaindermen as are all of my money/banking accounts....no fuss no muss, chuck me in in the dirt and party on wife/kids...:lol2:

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Damn this thread just made me think about the last part of my estate planning....."The Map"

shovel digging GIF by Hunter Gatherer

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

She should sell it all and give you half - that at least would be the right thing to do.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
She should sell it all and give you half - that at least would be the right thing to do.
Why? The stuff belonged to their dad and he did what he wanted to with it. Brad's sister shouldn't have to share 1/2 the value with him unless it is what SHE wants to do.

My dad gave me his tractor, boat, and two automobiles. One or two of my brothers later asked Dad why he gave them to me. His answer: "Because that's what I wanted to do with them." I shouldn't have to share with my brothers what Dad gave to me just because they didn't like it and we still get along just fine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why? The stuff belonged to their dad and he did what he wanted to with it. Brad's sister shouldn't have to share 1/2 the value with him unless it is what SHE wants to do.
I said it was the right thing to do. She is under no legal obligation to do it. I would certainly do it and so would my siblings.

Learn to read, Bammer - I know that practice is not something that is common among Bama fans. Buck the trend.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I said it was the right thing to do. She is under no legal obligation to do it. I would certainly do it and so would my siblings.

Learn to read, Bammer - I know that practice is not something that is common among Bama fans. Buck the trend.
So, in your opinion it is "right" to go against one's father's wishes? It would be a nice gesture for Brad's sister to share the bounty with him certainly. But it isn't the right thing to do. :crazy:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, in your opinion it is "right" to go against one's father's wishes? It would be a nice gesture for Brad's sister to share the bounty with him certainly. But it isn't the right thing to do. :crazy:
Brad has implied that his father wasn't always in the best state of mind. I think the feeling is that it wasn't really a deliberate decision to cut Brad out.

You're an Alabama fan, so you're opinion on what is "right" means about as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Brad has implied that his father wasn't always in the best state of mind. I think the feeling is that it wasn't really a deliberate decision to cut Brad out.

You're an Alabama fan, so you're opinion on what is "right" means about as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot.
If Brad is ok with the decision his dad made then it isn't mine or your business to criticize. If he isn't ok with it then he can take it to court to try and get satisfaction if he can't work it out with his sister directly. However, since he stated, "I am not going to waste another second thinking about it." then I'm gonna go with he is willing to let it go.

And your opinion of me or my opinion is absolutely worthless to me. Have a great day.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's what I would do but I'm probably over generous at times especially when I feel blessed with unexpected abundance....Maybe the dad saw that his son was much further ahead in life than his daughter.
In the case of my Mothers estate she has made years worth of mortgage payments, taxes and other expenses for the 3 of my older sisters, buys their groceries, paid off gobs of their CC debt while 2 of them have barely worked in the last 20 years and the oldest has a 48 yo POS leech of a son who hasn't worked in over 15 years but lays around her house with his fat ass GF who he's now had 3 kids with all living in her house. I have never taken a dime from my parents other than a $1,000 wedding gift in 1990....

My brother and I are in agreement that we wish there was some kind of ledger where we could take that amount of money out of their share and tell them to pound sand....if only.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Brad is ok with the decision his dad made then it isn't mine or your business to criticize. If he isn't ok with it then he can take it to court to try and get satisfaction if he can't work it out with his sister directly. However, since he stated, "I am not going to waste another second thinking about it." then I'm gonna go with he is willing to let it go.

And your opinion of me or my opinion is absolutely worthless to me. Have a great day.
Go **** yourself.

I know Brad will let it go, I never said a word about Brad. My opinion was about her decision.

Now come back at me again so I can finally flush you from this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.