Million Post Challenge - Science Fiction

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I've been a Michael Crichton fan for a long time. He wrote a book some time ago, the title of which I forget, in which nanorobots acted in swarms to accomplish a singular purpose. I couldn't believe it when, last week, I read an article describing a recent experiment in which that actually occurred.

Swampy!

Aug 3, 2018
Dan Simmons' Hyperion series (Hyperion, Fall of Hyperion, Endymion and Rise of Endymion) is the most unbelievably great Science Fiction I have ever read.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I really enjoyed it when he forced humanity into the stars by essentially making the Earth uninhabitable, closing the loop on several books.

Great post.
Thanks. Anyone on here that hasn't read it should give it a shot.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Can we talk about Moore's Law or the Tech Singularity? Or the Drake equation or Fermi's Paradox?

Something fun.

Ive expounded on Moore’s Law in depth on these very pages. Drake’s mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries. Fermi was a God. And singularity is a construct for old ladies and small children to contemplate.
This IS fun.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Speaking of Fermi the uniqueness of life on this planet is vastly underrated by the pop science-ists.

Speaking of good sci-fi the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov was one of my first and maybe favorite.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes the Twilight zone was one of the most creative series ever.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Yeah Andy Devine was a teller of tall tales but the aliens didn't understand the concept of lying so every tale he had ever told was true to them making him the perfect specimen to take home and study. After defeating the aliens with his trusty harmonica when he got home nobody would believe him.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I remember a concept where SF books here in our reality were actually the reality in some other universe, and the reverse as well.

Cities in Flight is another favorite of mine. I used to think one of my favorite quotes came from there but eventually I could not find it.

"Violence is the first resort of the incompetent"

Cities in Flight - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator