Million Post Quest - Had a good wine lately?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gator By Marriage, Feb 24, 2019.

1. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,105
    Ratings:
    +14,389 / -663
    Not only do we need to resurrect this thread, it needs to be revisited.

Am I right @Gator By Marriage ?

Had these beast tonight after golf.

F9DEC78D-14C9-4C3E-9781-11243F794525.jpeg

#121 NVGator, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $11,769
      Ratings:
      +13,767 / -229
      Sbragia is a great winemaker. He used to make all the Beringer Reserve wines back in the 80’s. They were some truly spectacular Cabs. How was this bottle?

• NVGator

NVGator Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $9,105
      Ratings:
      +14,389 / -663
      Spectacular. Have you had this Cimarossa before? Little peppery finish. Can never go wrong with a Howell Mountain and Spring Mountain.

• Gator By Marriage

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $11,769
        Ratings:
        +13,767 / -229
        Not tried it yet. I'll have to see if I can find it locally.

• Gator By Marriage

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $11,769
        Ratings:
        +13,767 / -229
        Was in Total Wine yesterday and they were having one of their “Winery Direct” sales. As the name would imply these are wines they are buying (and in many cases importing) directly from the winery. If you bought 8 or more bottles, they gave you 15% off. As I have pretty much been drinking the same stuff lately, I took advantage of the sale to buy stuff I had never tried.
        First up is an Argentine Cab from Catena. This was an excellent Cab that went great with beef tenderloin steaks from the egg.

There was very little tannic acid in the taste, leading me to believe it won’t be a long lived cab, but it should continue to drink well for a few years. Had all the classic Cab flavors and was a relative bargain at $17 (less 15% of course). I’ve mentioned this before, but there is a lot of very good to outstanding wine coming out of South America right now and it’s often half or a third of what you’d pay for similar quality out of California. Drink up!
        upload_2021-7-25_13-55-7.jpeg

• NVGator

NVGator Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $9,105
          Ratings:
          +14,389 / -663
          @Gator By Marriage

Check out this website: Get $10 Instant Credit at Last Bottle Wines Basically their premise is as they get down to limited amounts, they put it on this site. If you buy 6 or more, it's free shipping. They run some fantastic deals but they don't last. If you sign up, you'll get a daily email as to what their daily deal is.