Million Posts Challenge - Wrestling from the past

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great that you reminded me of Roller Derby, it was a lot of fun.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Japanese wrestlers were also popular. Two follow.

Masanori Saito – Known as Mr. Saito to most of us here in America, Saito represented Japan at the 1964 Japan Games and finished seventh in freestyle as a super heavyweight. Pro wrestling fans in their 40s likely remember Saito for his run in the WWWF as a championship partner with Mr. Fuji or his numerous stints with the American Wrestling Association, including a brief run in 1990 as the promotion’s world champion. Saito was more of a headliner in Japan, remembered for a legendary feud with Antonio Inoki which included the first Island Death Match in 1987. Unfortunately Saito’s fame is probably more associated with many as the co-conspirator in the infamous McDonalds incident that landed him and Ken Patera in prison.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, I've been listening to the Something to Wrestle and What Happened When podcasts...They have all sorts of classic wrestling moments and commentary told by people that were there. Very entertaining.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
daily-morning-awesomeness-37-photos-24.jpg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Anybody remember Flair's french maid and the four horsemen?

The Love of Ric Flair’s Life: Fifi the French Maid
Any wrestling fan should remember the Four Horsemen. Arn Anderson remains one of my all time favorites from growing up. The guy was the total package outside of the look required by the champions of the time. The real question is which incarnation of the group was the best. It will always be Ric, Arn, & Tully, but there were so many worthy 4th members. Ole, Barry, Luger?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Chief you might like podcasts. I listen to a lot of wrestling podcasts but JJ Dillon has one about old Southern wrestling, Crockett, NWA, and so does Jim Cornette, who managed the Midnight express and worked for Crockett and others.

Idk how far up you watched but Eric Bischoff has a “93 weeks” podcasts about running wcw, but he also worked in the AWA and has insight on that too with episodes.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Any wrestling fan should remember the Four Horsemen. Arn Anderson remains one of my all time favorites from growing up. The guy was the total package outside of the look required by the champions of the time. The real question is which incarnation of the group was the best. It will always be Ric, Arn, & Tully, but there were so many worthy 4th members. Ole, Barry, Luger?
Arn is amazing. Best spine buster in the business. There’s a guy in the business now named Karl Anderson who kind of looks like him and does a pretty good spike buster as well (modeled his in ring style like him since they’re the same size and move similarly)

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Arn is amazing. Best spine buster in the business. There’s a guy in the business now named Karl Anderson who kind of looks like him and does a pretty good spike buster as well (modeled his in ring style like him since they’re the same size and move similarly)
Yes he is good. Unfortunately he's been buried on the WWE roster. Bobby Roode can actually do a pretty mean one as well.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yes he is good. Unfortunately he's been buried on the WWE roster. Bobby Roode can actually do a pretty mean one as well.
I’m excited about AEW. The Khans are going to build a solid roster and I can see guys like Anderson and Rose going over. It’s dusgusting hownpiss poor wwe is run from a talent management perspective.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I’m excited about AEW. The Khans are going to build a solid roster and I can see guys like Anderson and Rose going over. It’s dusgusting hownpiss poor wwe is run from a talent management perspective.

I don't watch WWE as much as a time ago. I always wonder why the person with the top title gets to do almost nothing. Brock needs to either perform a lot more or be gotten rid of. And focus on the matches, not foolish managers or owners.

I also almost never pay for entertainment, so no streaming for me.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't watch WWE as much as a time ago. I always wonder why the person with the top title gets to do almost nothing. Brock needs to either perform a lot more or be gotten rid of. And focus on the matches, not foolish managers or owners.

I also almost never pay for entertainment, so no streaming for me.
I don’t watch at all anymore to be honest. I bought the network to watch all the old stuff up til around 2003 when Austin finally left.

It’s basiclly because Vince doesn’t believe in his locker room to carry the title. Even though it’s probably the most talented it’s ever been in wrestling history. They burry everyone, top guys are 50/50 booked, losing randomly on tv, then winning titles out of nowhere. It makes no sense and there’s a reason why others are trying to make new companies.

AEW probably has 2-3 Of the best wrestlers in the world, they have the Jacksonville Jaguars money now, and they will slowly keep poaching WWE talent over the next 2-3 years. Hopefully it’s impactful booking again, wins and losses mean something, and the wrestling itself becomes more sport.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Anybody remember when in Florida they banned coming off the top rope. So many do that today that banning it would be impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb