Missouri expected to hire Eli Drinkwitz; rest of SEC shaking in their shoes

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You really do love me Donk. I don't give a crap either way what McEwel-whater does after he is our coach. But yes, I will admit, I will probably always be one of the fans that give the coach the benefit of the doubt while they are our guy. So yes, while he was here, I was probably one of the last hold-outs that supported him. Guilty. I admitted that much already in a previous thread.
As a CU fan, you’re just used to losing. I’m learning that now.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No I don't. I was with him up until the Georgia game. At that point, he went sideways with the whole death threat crap and totally lost the team. It was obvious to me at that point he was no longer a fit (I am sure most would claim this revelation came much sooner)
Don't feel bad, you only held on a few weeks longer than I did. It was the Meatchicken game for me in the season opener. I actually believed all the schitt we heard leading into that season. I was young and naive back in those days....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BarstoolMizzou: Hearing Eli Drinkwitz will be announced as our head football coach next week. Head Coach at App State, went 12-1 this year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One year of head coaching experience. One.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I assumed he was the same guy who produced their consistency. I don’t follow mountaineer football closely. Never mind, should’ve gone Butters.

I’m intrigued by these daring value-play hires, esp when they involve young guns. My first instinct is to go in search of the logic in their thinking.

Then I came upon that knowledge. That makes the Norvell hire look safe.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think that DrunkMeyerWitzStein was a n assistant at the Barn before becoming a coordinator at Appy when Satterfield was the coach before taking over last year. Since I am all in favor of Joe Lee Dunn Jr. pursuing other opportunities, I am warm to the idea of Barry Odom as a DC. Say what you will but he developed a few guys on D at Mizzou who were not highly regarded. I am not saying they become NFL guys, but they were were productive in college. At the very least we could sure use someone who understands coaching the safety position.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think that DrunkMeyerWitzStein was a n assistant at the Barn before becoming a coordinator at Appy when Satterfield was the coach before taking over last year. Since I am all in favor of Joe Lee Dunn Jr. pursuing other opportunities, I am warm to the idea of Barry Odom as a DC. Say what you will but he developed a few guys on D at Mizzou who were not highly regarded. I am not saying they become NFL guys, but they were were productive in college. At the very least we could sure use someone who understands coaching the safety position.
His DL turned some unheralded kids into stars. Would be interesting for sure.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m intrigued by these daring value-play hires, esp when they involve young guns. My first instinct is to go in search of the logic in their thinking.

Then I came upon that knowledge. That makes the Norvell hire look safe.
It’s like investing a fortune in penny stocks - if it works out, you’re rich and a genius. But odds are you go broke.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since I am all in favor of Joe Lee Dunn Jr. pursuing other opportunities, I am warm to the idea of Barry Odom as a DC. .
The last thing we need is a guy who cant recruit Fl. There are two many guys you can hire to put together a mediocre defense that looks good enough againat the dregs of the Sec East to hire someone who cant recruit, or another guy his record is to be absolutely terrible every 3 or 4 games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I predict a problem with that name if they lose.

I predict a problem with that name if they win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.