Missouri expected to hire Eli Drinkwitz; rest of SEC shaking in their shoes

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I’m intrigued by these daring value-play hires, esp when they involve young guns. My first instinct is to go in search of the logic in their thinking.

Then I came upon that knowledge. That makes the Norvell hire look safe.

This kind of high risk, high reward hire is a great decision for a Mizzou style program that knows it isn't a blue blood and is willing to swing for the fences to get a winner. It's not so great for a program that is (or thinks of itself as) elite.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He had a pretty good stretch of offenses as an OC at Boise and NCSU from 2015-2018. He's a Guz Malzahn guy who was Cam Newton's QB coach in 2010. You can expect Mizzou's offense to rebound. As for everything else (defense, special teams, recruiting, etc), who knows? He took over a program that Satterfield had built up and didn't derail it for one season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had a pretty good stretch of offenses as an OC at Boise and NCSU from 2015-2018. He's a Guz Malzahn guy who was Cam Newton's QB coach in 2010. You can expect Mizzou's offense to rebound. As for everything else (defense, special teams, recruiting, etc), who knows? He took over a program that Satterfield had built up and didn't derail it for one season.
seems more like the guy Arkansas would hire though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Good assessment. I think it's a great hire for a program like Missouri. Much better than going the "hot coordinator (w/ no head coaching experience)" route. And for good measure, he beat Muschamp this year and then talked sh*t about it afterwards! It was great!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good assessment. I think it's a great hire for a program like Missouri. Much better than going the "hot coordinator (w/ no head coaching experience)" route. And for good measure, he beat Muschamp this year and then talked sh*t about it afterwards! It was great!

Hope he continues that tradition.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good assessment. I think it's a great hire for a program like Missouri. Much better than going the "hot coordinator (w/ no head coaching experience)" route.
Yeah, it has really sucked for OSU and Okie.

That whole "no coordinator ever makes a good coach" thing is hilarious.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Now SC should regret not firing MusDump. After all, they did lose to App State.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, it has really sucked for OSU and Okie.

That whole "no coordinator ever makes a good coach" thing is hilarious.

Ron Zook & Will Muschamp say hello. We can do this all day long. You name a successful one and I'll name you two that crashed and burned.... A head coach has to start somewhere, and I can't recall a single head coach that wasn't an assistant somewhere before he got his first head coaching gig.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All you are proving is that FVKKTARD FOOLEY can't pick a coach.

Like I said, we can do this all day long. Name a successful coordinator turned head coach, I'll name you one that failed. It's a crap shoot.....but yes, Foley was really sh*tty at it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said, we can do this all day long. Name a successful coordinator turned head coach, I'll name you one that failed. It's a crap shoot.....but yes, Foley was really sh*tty at it.
You can name any group of coaches and 99% of them fail.

I'm not the one who made the rule "you can't hire a coordinator."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb