Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I hope you are a young man.
giphy.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Those are some righteous carpet squares. Love the LED lighting and drop down ceiling tiles, too.

Of course, when they walk outside they are still in Missouri.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Has 98 million become 500k all of a sudden? Ive been watching flip or flop and it seems like these schools are getting ripped off

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has 98 million become 500k all of a sudden? Ive been watching flip or flop and it seems like these schools are getting ripped off

My thoughts exactly. Unless I'm missing something from the pictures that's a $h!tload of money for not a whole lot.Think of what a $98 million house would look like.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
$98 million -- see this is how you attract a Kelly Bryant - dammit.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BOOM!

Those are some righteous carpet squares. Love the LED lighting and drop down ceiling tiles, too.

Of course, when they walk outside they are still in Missouri.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I never really felt Missouri belonged in the SEC. I like Columbia, Missouri. It's a nice town. I like Missouri, but it's Midwestern and not Southern. There's a whiff of the South down in the Boot-heel, but that's about it. The area around Columbia is known as "Little Dixie" because it was settled by people from Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia so it had an Upper South feel during the antebellum era. I don't mind that they are in the SEC and it presents some interesting games for SEC teams, but Missouri has the feel of an intersectional game and not the feel of an intense SEC rivalry.

Yes, I know it's all about markets and viewership, but I really was sorry to see that old Big Eight Conference fall by the wayside the same way the old Southwest Conference went to the garbage heap. Let's see, the Big Eight Conference had Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and Iowa State.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never really felt Missouri belonged in the SEC. I like Columbia, Missouri. It's a nice town. I like Missouri, but it's Midwestern and not Southern.
UNC, UVa or VaTech would have been much better additions, but they werent coming.

Adding just ATM wasn't really going to work. And they weren't going to let us kick out Vandy or Tinerc.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
UNC, UVa or VaTech would have been much better additions, but they werent coming.

Adding just ATM wasn't really going to work. And they weren't going to let us kick out Vandy or Tinerc.

Snooty UVa and UNC aren't going to have anything to do with a conference that has Cowbell.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

FSU was supposed be an SEC East addition. They were vetted for interest. Bowden, who earlier in his career made a name for himself by taking on treacherous independent road schedules, went the other way and chickened out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FSU was supposed be an SEC East addition. They were vetted for interest. Bowden, who earlier in his career made a name for himself by taking on treacherous independent road schedules, went the other way and chickened out.
wtf are you talking about? the 70s or 80s?

we are talking about when ATM and Mizzu were added. Clown Town wasn't considered.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
wtf are you talking about? the 70s or 80s?

we are talking about when ATM and Mizzu were added. Clown Town wasn't considered.
'90. I'm simply going back to the creation of the two divisions. One move begets another.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I never really felt Missouri belonged in the SEC. I like Columbia, Missouri. It's a nice town. I like Missouri, but it's Midwestern and not Southern. There's a whiff of the South down in the Boot-heel, but that's about it. The area around Columbia is known as "Little Dixie" because it was settled by people from Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia so it had an Upper South feel during the antebellum era. I don't mind that they are in the SEC and it presents some interesting games for SEC teams, but Missouri has the feel of an intersectional game and not the feel of an intense SEC rivalry.

Yes, I know it's all about markets and viewership, but I really was sorry to see that old Big Eight Conference fall by the wayside the same way the old Southwest Conference went to the garbage heap. Let's see, the Big Eight Conference had Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado and Iowa State.
Having lived in California and now living in Boulder... I can assure you, the culture here aligns much better with the PAC-12. That said, they are very anti-California here. It’s surprising.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
'90. I'm simply going back to the creation of the two divisions. One move begets another.
Just admit you are stoned all the time today and making great use of the medical marijuana laws.

Word on the street is that you are an "investor" with @Gatoravatara

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Having lived in California and now living in Boulder... I can assure you, the culture here aligns much better with the PAC-12. That said, they are very anti-California here. It’s surprising.
It is just a matter of time.

New Yorkers who went to south Florida were very anti NY too, but year by year they figured "there oughta be a law, like back in NY".

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yes. FSU was considered in the original talks about SEC expansion. Bowden famously made a comment about not wanting to face a SEC schedule. I'm sure google can find it.
As to Mizzou yeah they are definitely the red-headed step child of the SEC. the answer to "which one of these things doesn't belong". They're beneath us. However we need to start beating them like a red-headed step child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator