Mizzou scares the ever living hell out of me

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should dominate, just cannot come out flat or over confident. It's a weird stadium and we have not played well against them any year since they have joined the league, especially on the road, granted those were WM teams. I have faith Mac will have their heads in the right frame of mind.

Attachments

• conv_4778.jpg
    conv_4778.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 39

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we can't use the us-against-the-world underdog mentality anymore. Fortunately, I think Coach Mac recognizes that and will address it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n290649 said:
Yes, we can't use the us-against-the-world underdog mentality anymore. Fortunately, I think Coach Mac recognizes that and will address it.
Shows how important attitude and the right coaching techniques are to the game...

Dec 10, 2014
Look we are going to lose games this season. We are also going to win more games this season. Regardless of what happens at missouri, our season lies with a very vulnerable Georgia team. This season has been a success almost no matter what else happens barring a melt down.

Get some :popcorn: and watch les miserables next weekend; uga/ut. It's the best game of the season.

I think we will be fine against missou though.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Now teams are gonna be bringing their A game to face us. It's gonna be fun to see how this team reacts to being a favorite.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think and am hoping they really do get it. The post game pressers were all about "the reason we won is because of how we prepared during the week". Props to all the coaches for having these young, and I mean young, men prepared.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This is a business trip. Fine line between confidence and cockiness, let's see how we walk it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This team is still young. One game at a time. The here and now.....take care of today....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like our chances. They already went on the road and beat a better team in Lexington, so they've proven they can do it. Just gotta stay focused and play the way they're capable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you watched Mac's post-game presser, I get the impression he's very big on having the players mentally prepared, whether they are the favorites or the underdogs. He was pleased with the win but not happy, if that makes sense. We have a long way to go and he knows it, and most importantly he lets the players know it. No one is going into Missouri thinking we can just show up and win. Road games are much, much harder.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My guess is Mizz will start the freshman QB Lock that played yesterday. That kid is a much better passer than Mauk will ever be. And he was cool as a cucumber. But it will be his second start. I like our chance with him

On the other hand, Mizzou's front 7 on D might be the best we play all year. They will get pressure on Grier. How our oline handles them will be the deciding factor.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Next week is a classic trap game. Emotional Tennessee game. Then #3 came to town. Hapless Mizzu. Then a brutal night game (which i'm sure it will be) at LSU. Followed by a must win game for the East with Jawga.

Hapless Mizzu. On the road. In the middle of that brutal stretch.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not worried about this game at all. I see us winning comfortably and getting out of there with minimal injuries and chomping at the bit to play LSU. The only game on our remaining schedule that scares me is LSU, and that's mainly because it's on the road and they have Fournette.

I am very much looking forward to the good guys putting a hurting on Mizzou. They're way overdue.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We are a young team. Young teams have games that don't go well. This could be one of them. Grier is a redshirt freshman. Freshman quarterbacks usually have a game or two where they throw 3-4 picks. At some point, that game is going to happen. I think we are better than Mizz, but a night game on the road is always tough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n290709 said:
I am very much looking forward to the good guys putting a hurting on Mizzou. They're way overdue.
This for sure. I hope we rip their hearts out like they have done to us the last two years. We owe them that welcome to the SEC total azzwhippin they deserved two years ago.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Looked up some info on the stadium for s's and g's. Faurot Field Capacity: 71,000 . Surface: Field Turf.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
No matter how much the coaches try to coach the players not to have a let down and no matter how much the players know this themselves, it is human nature not to play with the same intensity in the next game against a lesser opponent after winning a big game on an emotional high.

Things change in a hurry. When Ole Miss beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa the Rebels rocketed to Number 3 in the AP poll. People were saying the Alabama dynasty was over and Nick Saban was too old. Alabama went to Athens the underdog to Georgia. Look what happened. Now most people would say if Ole Miss and Alabama played again Alabama would win. Nick Saban came out of the Georgia game 20 years younger. Things change in a hurry.

Each football game is played in the context of the game before and the game after. Teams play up or play down depending on what the previous game's results were and who is the upcoming opponent. You never win all the games until all the games are played and won.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If we turn the ball over we could lose. As someone else mentioned this is a night conference game on the road and Pinkel's teams generally play their best football starting around mid season. In other words expect to play a team that is going to be ready.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning Road games is what separates good teams from great teams in the SEC!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GatorTAG;n290694 said:
My guess is Mizz will start the freshman QB Lock that played yesterday. That kid is a much better passer than Mauk will ever be. And he was cool as a cucumber. But it will be his second start. I like our chance with him

On the other hand, Mizzou's front 7 on D might be the best we play all year. They will get pressure on Grier. How our oline handles them will be the deciding factor.

That's what worries me....Grier is still only 5 games into his career and that OL is still young. They grew up - A LOT - last night....but a road game against a team that has pretty much handled us the last 2 years (and gave us all we wanted in 2012) is going to be tough.

On the other hand....I really don't care what happens as long as we're competitive. I can't believe we just CRUSHED the #3 team in the nation w/ the youth we have! It's exciting to know we have a competent coach on our sidelines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator