Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
62 the right way is better than 73 the wrong way. Bonds was juiced. Period. I've heard arguements that he never tested positive. Neither did Lance Armstrong. But forget all that. The point is Bonds achieved 73 home runs from a playing field that was NOT a level one with his former peers. No arguement can change THAT. No way he should be in the HOF. He was a cheater. Period.
The pitchers were juiced, too.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being juiced is like killing Nicole Simpson. Can't prove it, but you know it happened.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The pitchers were juiced, too.
The pitchers being juiced as well still doesn't make it right. OTOH I've heard arguements that before Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby MLB with its all white rosters didn't have legitimate records without the benefit of black players competing with them. I just can't help thinking about players like Aaron, Maris, Mays, Mantle and et al who played without the benefit of juicing agents and still were able to put up the numbers they did. Bonds just feels wrong to me. When you see him in his early years with the Pirates and then later with the Giants he's almost unrecognizable. Even though it has nothing to do with this discussion filtering out my personal feelings about Bonds is difficult. At the end of his career he ofter traveled alone on seperate charter flights. There were often shots in the dugout where he sat alone at one end and everyone else was at the other end. As I said before everything about him then and now feels wrong. No doubt he's got the numbers but no way he gets in the HOF for the sakes of Aaron, Maris, Mays, Mantle and the others. Btw that includes the juicers McGwire and Sosa as well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yankee Stadium from 1923-73 had a center field dimension of 487 feet. It was so vast that the center fielder had to navigate around stone monuments to chase down gargantuan shots that would have cleared any other MLB center field fence.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
62 the right way is better than 73 the wrong way. Bonds was juiced. Period. I've heard arguements that he never tested positive. Neither did Lance Armstrong. But forget all that. The point is Bonds achieved 73 home runs from a playing field that was NOT a level one with his former peers. No arguement can change THAT. No way he should be in the HOF. He was a cheater. Period.

Isn’t interesting the way opinions on this topic break by age group?

The older you are the more adamant you are about cheating and record integrity while the younger folks have no problem reasoning through (rationalizing) why it was and is okay to cheat.

I don’t view this as a character flaw instead I see it as an output of growing up in an era when cheating of all kinds is more common and more public.
John Kennedy and Bill Clinton behaved the same way in office but we had little to no knowledge of Kennedy while the Clinton ordeal was a daily soap opera for children of all ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.