• Ham Sammich

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I couldn't care less, it's football season

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I was a huge McGwire fan, thus the “Mac” in gatormac2112. With that said I think the true record is Judge. Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, etc., should have * next to their numbers. I believe they all should be in the HOF, but the records shouldn’t count. Judge is the true record holder until it’s proven he shouldn’t be.
If the records don't count because of the doping then they don't deserve to be in the HOF. Cheating is cheating you let them in then Pete Rose should be in.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
imagine what Maris, Mantle, Musial, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Berra, Yastrzemski, Robinson, etc. would have been like with today's nutrition, weightlifting, personal training regimens, and scouting reports...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
imagine what Maris, Mantle, Musial, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Berra, Yastrzemski, Robinson, etc. would have been like with today's nutrition, weightlifting, personal training regimens, and scouting reports...

06bonds.600.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The same would need to be applied to pitchers and glovemen.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who enjoyed baseball more when they were all juiced?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They would never make it to MLB, nutrition and training aside

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who enjoyed baseball more when they were all juiced?

I mean…. I dont care if they are juiced. I say roid them all up if that’s what they want to do to their bodies. Roided pitchers vs roided batters.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
To be fair, most of the stuff guys like McGwire were taking weren't actually banned by MLB until the mid 2000s. The roids were banned by World Doping Agency however.

And at this rate, Judge is gonna pass Reggie Jackson for most strike outs by a batter. The 175 he has this year is nothing compared to the over 200 strike outs he had a few years ago.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember when the Maris family lost their beer dealership in Gville when Roger died. They sued the shttt out of the Busch family and finally won , what I figure was a ton of $$$.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So here is my full opinion on this. He's cheating. I do not blame him at all. What's to gain someone asked? Um, a good $100M extra on his next contract. Baseball contracts get insane. Take some gear and you can easily spot who does it and who does what. I have taken a good bit and highly recommend the common Joe to do so so long as you do it responsibly. The conundrum is that I am not a professional athlete and am not gaining a professional advantage from taking anything. I have three kids, am at the age where natural muscle growth is almost impossible, and have only so many reasonable gym hours. He has rules in place that say you can't. I think it's a career decision and they should be able to (and most do). Batting has gotten insanely difficult. The homerun record should not be close to obtainable anymore. Pull the blinders off and look at the company he is in. There is a common denominator and to overlook it is silly.

Edit: Oh, and Bonds is the King

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
62 the right way is better than 73 the wrong way. Bonds was juiced. Period. I've heard arguements that he never tested positive. Neither did Lance Armstrong. But forget all that. The point is Bonds achieved 73 home runs from a playing field that was NOT a level one with his former peers. No arguement can change THAT. No way he should be in the HOF. He was a cheater. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.