Money Mullen

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Rotoworld_Draft: Florida, Mullen have discussed contract ext. NFL DRAFT: Florida, Mullen have discussed contract ext.

Florida AD Scott Stricklin said that he has had discussions with HC Dan Mullen on a potential contract extension.
There is no timetable for when an extension might be offered to Mullen, but Stricklin said that he expects that the head coach will be sticking in Gainesville for "a long time." Since being hired on by the Gators at the end of November 2017, Mullen has compiled a 21-5 record (11-5 in conference) across two campaigns. His Florida teams finished with double-digit wins in both of those seasons.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When he gets us to Atlanta, then discussions should start. Until then he is already making 6M a year which is more than adequate for the record.

BTW, you get a like Williston for football news, with spring practice canceled, won’t be much on the wire..

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m fine with it. He’s providing much needed stability while getting our disaster of a football program turned around. Keep him on contract 3-4 years out while we wait to fix our facilities.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In separate news, Mullinz remains winless against Ugly.

In separately separate news, he’s rocking a stubble.

a3ff0a9431c297c61524838cf120d915.jpg

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
FFS, will these administrators ever learn? Mullen got a 6 year deal out of the gate at $6m per. He hasn’t beat UGA, he hasn’t won the SEC, not even the East. They should see how the next 18-24 months shake out before rewarding him for not winning a single thing of consequence.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd just like to see him do something our last 20 million dollar losers didnt do before we go from 30 to 40 million invested in being a third tier program forever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FFS, will these administrators ever learn? Mullen got a 6 year deal out of the gate at $6m per. He hasn’t beat UGA, he hasn’t won the SEC, not even the East. They should see how the next 18-24 months shake out before rewarding him for not winning a single thing of consequence.
He is ALREADY the highest paid coach who has never won a championship.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'd just like to see him do something our last 20 million dollar losers didnt do before we go from 30 to 40 million invested in being a third tier program forever.

While I do believe he is headed in the right direction I agree with this statement. Why are we always in such a rush to extend contracts? Everyone says Mullen wants to be here and I agree so its not like we are worried he will go elsewhere. I don't get it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What we know about Stricklin is he tends to be accommodative about sitting coaches, annoyingly so. That’s likely even more so with Mullen given their history of working together.

From a business point of view, it’s too soon for extension talks. You want to do it only when you absolutely feel you must and with as much leverage as possible.

Which leads me to conclude that Stricklin is making a preemptive move to lock up Mullen at current market value. In other words, he’s convinced we’ll end up in Atlanta next year. We may and yet we may not. We’re one Georgia loss away from Oh-and-Three

It’s too soon to be speculating with that amount of UAA money. Mullen’s being paid quite handsomely in the meantime.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
@jdh5484 this is precisely why it was uncool to make this. Mouth breather law will use it endlessly.
Without mouth breathing, Vader would be Johnny Cash. Think about it. :grin:
I think of the Donkey as UFs and Chatters QA guy. His job is to remind us 80% is'nt 100% and partial credit can't add to 100%.... EVER.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb