More Trouble In Tallahassee - Dalvin Cook investigated for battery

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n250896 said:
False. No one calls a sitting US Congressman a "State Representative." That term is reserved for people in the state house.

I'll tell that to the next Congressman that comes in calling himself a State Representative into the office. It is not reserved for those in the state house.

Bill Young always referred to himself as a State Representative when he came in for his annual photo op with the company I work for. Are you saying that a Member of the House of Representatives for over 40 years, doesn't know what to call himself?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n251004 said:
I'll tell that to the next Congressman that comes in calling himself a State Representative into the office. It is not reserved for those in the state house.

Bill Young always referred to himself as a State Representative when he came in for his annual photo op with the company I work for. Are you saying that a Member of the House of Representatives for over 40 years, doesn't know what to call himself?
Brother. Yes, that's what I'm saying. It would actually have been easier for you to simply Google the term "State Representative" and come up with some examples in the media where they used that term for a sitting U.S. Congressman. But if you want to refer to the next U.S. Congressman you see as "State Rep Smith" be my guest. It's all you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n251010 said:
Brother. Yes, that's what I'm saying. It would actually have been easier for you to simply Google the term "State Representative" and come up with some examples in the media where they used that term for a sitting U.S. Congressman. But if you want to refer to the next U.S. Congressman you see as "State Rep Smith" be my guest. It's all you.

Pasty, I do because that is how they have referred to themselves. I guess that is the part you don't understand. They are referring to themselves that way. I heard the same term for almost a decade from Bill Young when he did his tour of defense contractors every year (in the Tampa area), and he referred to himself as a State Representative. Because he represented his district and his state in the House. Maybe deal with some of these people before pretending you know them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9354660131af30b9b4458b752c7069fb.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n251011 said:
Pasty, I do because that is how they have referred to themselves. I guess that is the part you don't understand. They are referring to themselves that way. I heard the same term for almost a decade from Bill Young when he did his tour of defense contractors every year (in the Tampa area), and he referred to himself as a State Representative. Because he represented his district and his state in the House. Maybe deal with some of these people before pretending you know them.
I've met a lot of Congressmen in my life. Not just one, lots of them. I've been involved in quite a few issue campaigns and I've had to look for support from these guys at times. I've been attending fund raisers and political events since I was in my teens. Never have I heard a sitting U.S. Congressman refer to himself as "State Rep" or been introduced that way. Never heard it in the media or anywhere else, and it's not on Google. As I said, if you'd like to call a congressman that, go for it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n251043 said:
I've met a lot of Congressmen in my life. Not just one, lots of them. I've been involved in quite a few issue campaigns and I've had to look for support from these guys at times. I've been attending fund raisers and political events since I was in my teens. Never have I heard a sitting U.S. Congressman refer to himself as "State Rep" or been introduced that way. Never heard it in the media or anywhere else, and it's not on Google. As I said, if you'd like to call a congressman that, go for it.

We have just had different experiences then. I only used one as an example, because he is the one I have dealt with the most. When the RNC was down here, a few came through. But honestly don't remember all the names of them. All wanted to talk about how they are going to make sure we continued to get funding to build the things that go boom.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who believes this?

@schadjoe: Jimbo Fisher said Dalvin Cook won’t practice or work out with team until legal resolution

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n252963 said:
Who believes this?

@schadjoe: Jimbo Fisher said Dalvin Cook won’t practice or work out with team until legal resolution

Someone here posted that he's been seen in the facilities working out. I have no doubt he'll be with the team like normal.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Comment is throwaway, other than avoiding negative public response. Public needs to know he has separated the player from the team so he tweets that. Reality is the expectation that the kid continues to do everything within his power (working out) on his own until he can do so WITH the team. No surprises here, he's not barred from facilities, just from team activity.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Word is there is no video and the girls 911 call didn't sound desperate enough for the public to get worked up about.

I expect Jumbo to announce a 2 game suspension and reinstate him to the team very soon.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n253546 said:
Word is there is no video and the girls 911 call didn't sound desperate enough for the public to get worked up about. I expect Jumbo to announce a 2 game suspension and reinstate him to the team very soon.

No way the Prez allows him to be "reinstated" until the legal proceedings are concluded. Obviously, if he's not prosecuted, he'll be "reinstated" or they would have already kicked him off the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.