Moronic fans

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Cristobal is born and raised in Miami, won 2 championships there, had 2 coaching stints there. When Diaz is canned Miami will go all in for him, and while they have crap to offer relative to Oregon, they will have a shot. We likely don’t.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Luke Fickle is garbage. He is just stuck with the ugly girl that no one wanted to take to the prom in a little league conference.
Hell, maybe.
I still disagree with you here.
I like a guy that can take a program like Cincy and compete with power five.

Then again, Butch Jones did great things at Cincy too. So there’s that…..,

So, who is your guy Donk?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, who is your guy Donk?
Joe Brady. I'd make him tell us no and give him everything he ever dreamed off in staff and other support to make him stay. I would treat him like Bama treated Saban at the Dolphins.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Cristobal is born and raised in Miami, won 2 championships there, had 2 coaching stints there. When Diaz is canned Miami will go all in for him, and while they have crap to offer relative to Oregon, they will have a shot. We likely don’t.
Yeah, that’s my take too.
Home run hire if we could get him but, I think that’s unrealistic.

Not the Miami connection or even the Florida
Connection. To me, the guy has resurrected Oregon.
He has established recruiting pipelines, built both Offensive and Defensive lines like SEC lines, he’s there, he has built it and now,it looks like, they’re a playoff team.

Very hard to leave something like that, IMO.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yeah, he wants to go to the acc conference at a school with no funds and no fans. he doesnt want to be at a flagship school in the nations premiere conference in the middle of talent central. ok...

coaches these days are hired guns. there's no collegiate loyalty for any of them anymore. its a business, and the best want the brightest lights on the biggest stage. some of you are still living in the 70s.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Joe Brady. I'd make him tell us no and give him everything he ever dreamed off in staff and other support to make him stay. I would treat him like Bama treated Saban at the Dolphins.
I wouldn’t be in Board with any coach without head ball coach experience.
We are too big to allow learning on the job.

I respect what he did at LSU. That’s a hell of a leap from “passing game coordinator “ to head ball coach.

Hell, If I wanted to poach the NFL I would break the bank for Dan Quinn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like Dan Quinn. I do. But Dan Quinns are a dime a dozen.

If you hire a Dan Quinn, he has to hire an OC. You end up getting the trash we've had at OC since 2001, trash after trash after trash. And if one OC manages to achieve mediocrity or slightly better, they get hired away.

We aren't Trailerbammer. We won't hire four or five ex OC coordinators and keep them on staff to feed the revolving door. We cant hire another DC HC disaster.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LOL.
How long has he been coaching? Three years. I've got more head coaching experience.
Yeah that's just what we need.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I like Dan Quinn. I do. But Dan Quinns are a dime a dozen.

If you hire a Dan Quinn, he has to hire an OC. You end up getting the trash we've had at OC since 2001, trash after trash after trash. And if one OC manages to achieve mediocrity or slightly better, they get hired away.

We aren't Trailerbammer. We won't hire four or five ex OC coordinators and keep them on staff to feed the revolving door. We cant hire another DC HC disaster.
I hear ya.

Same with Brady though right?
He’s been in the NFL for two years now.
Doesn’t have the contacts at the College level.
Would need to hire coordinators on both sides of the ball.
We would look more like a Big 12 team!

Hell, as fun as this is, speculating about a new head ball coach, it ain’t going to happen any time soon.

If Mullen would get serious, shake up his staff, recruit his ass off , he could win championships here.

I wonder what Spurrier really thinks about Mullen?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL.
How long has he been coaching? Three years. I've got more head coaching experience.
If you call failure "experience"?

I call experience experience.

2yxuxi.png

He has what he needs, experience in forging a vertical passing offense that was good enough to beat Saban and everyone else, even with the handicaps he had on his own Ogre run sideline.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would need to hire coordinators on both sides of the ball.
I don't want a coordinator. I want him as OC.

DC's are a dime a dozen.

Recruiters can be hired. Creyer did it and he knew almost none of those guys. He just went out and hired about 8 of the best recruiters in the nation.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I don't want a coordinator. I want him as OC.

DC's are a dime a dozen.

Recruiters can be hired. Creyer did it and he knew almost none of those guys. He just went out and hired about 8 of the best recruiters in the nation.
Wait
I thought you wanted Brady as HBC?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

When Dan Quinn coached here he was once asked by a reporter what the biggest difference between college and NFL was. Dan lamented the amount of time recruiting takes away from spending time with family during the offseason.

The last thing we need here is another coach who looks at recruiting as something he'd rather not do. Nice guy, good defense, but please no.

I'd be fine with Cristobal, and I think he'd kill it here. I doubt we'd even consider him. As for other names, I want a head coach who can recruit, will put the best guys out on the field regardless of time in the system, and is an offensive-minded guy who runs a system that fits the Florida culture. We want to see the scoreboard light up, and we want to see the forward pass featured. NO MORE DC'S AS HEAD COACH.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably in par with your dumb ass.

This entire time I thought we were discussing head coaches. Well, I was with a few others I this thread.
Not sure where the hell you were, or are.

Then you roll in with “I want him as a coordinator”
Damn dude.
I ONLY WANT HIM AS HC IF HE IS GOING TO BE THE OC.

His strength isnt CEO. I don't ever care to know if he is a CEO. Hell he can do like CUM did and hire Doc Holliday or someone like that to run the program behind the scenes.

I wouldn't ever want SOS with some other OC either, like he did near the end at USCe. His OC hires were nearly as bad as his DC hires.

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
When Dan Quinn coached here he was once asked by a reporter what the biggest difference between college and NFL was. Dan lamented the amount of time recruiting takes away from spending time with family during the offseason.

The last thing we need here is another coach who looks at recruiting as something he'd rather not do. Nice guy, good defense, but please no.

I'd be fine with Cristobal, and I think he'd kill it here. I doubt we'd even consider him. As for other names, I want a head coach who can recruit, will put the best guys out on the field regardless of time in the system, and is an offensive-minded guy who runs a system that fits the Florida culture. We want to see the scoreboard light up, and we want to see the forward pass featured. NO MORE DC'S AS HEAD COACH.

Yeah, I remember that from Quinn.
That’s the drawback from getting interested in coaches in the NFL.

I just threw Quinn out there as an option IF, we were to look at the NFL, Like Brady.
That’s all.

I too would want to look at a HBC that’s a great recruiter.

However, I don’t really care whether or not he’s a defensive or offensive guy.

Saban was a defensive guy.
Smart was a defensive guy.
There is precedent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s the drawback from getting interested in coaches in the NFL.
It is. Clearly. But the way Saban has fought that is hiring a giant staff that shares the work and cuts out much of the preliminary stuff. We can too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.