MSU fires baseball coach - might be a UF connection

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Read this earlier. What does "UF connection" mean? The guy coached at UF as an assistant years ago, but what other "connection"...to the firing?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Read this earlier. What does "UF connection" mean? The guy coached at UF as an assistant years ago, but what other "connection"...to the firing?
Supposed affair was with Lee Begley, former director of football recruiting at MSU, now at UF.

Either way, this rumored affair has no bearing on her employment with UF and I find it hard to believe an affair would lead to Cannizaro's firing. Much more to the story IMO

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I think you are right that there has to be more to the story. Perhaps he had a relationship with another employee (or worse, a student), or it may be that he used institutional resources to conduct the affair and then falsified reimbursement reports. I don't think it makes sense to fire him for a relationship with another adult who is no longer there. But it is often the coverup....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Supposed affair was with Lee Begley, former director of football recruiting at MSU, now at UF.

Either way, this rumored affair has no bearing on her employment with UF and I find it hard to believe an affair would lead to Cannizaro's firing. Much more to the story IMO

Thanks for the update! Wow. What a fall from grace...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
She got it all wrong. She's not supposed to sleep with other coaches. She's supposed to sleep with the recruits.

What's wrong with these people? She's sleeping with the baseball coach. Candi Fisher is sleeping with her personal trainer.

IT'S ABOUT RECRUITING. Focus, people.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the question about whether or not Begley was that kind of girl has been put to bed (pun intended).

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thread not worth it without pics

Did not know that's how you rolled but like the kids say, you be you.

Coaches_Clinic_WEB.jpg

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lee Begley's photo and twitter account is no longer listed. Were they listed before, or have they removed the accounts on the Florida Website. There is no bio either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lee Begley's photo and twitter account is no longer listed. Were they listed before, or have they removed the accounts on the Florida Website. There is no bio either.

I believe that her Twitter account used to also have her position with UF on it. I do not see that anymore.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Being serious for a moment, her job is all about social media. Having that shut down does not bode well for her future. Maybe they are waiting for things to blow over, maybe they are showing her the door.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If our recruiting/PR person in the football office just had all of her information removed from the website, I'd say its pretty obvious what the deal is.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like she’s married too. To the head coach of the eastern Mississippi community college basketball team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.