Mullen’s 1st Week Video to Fans

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm happy that we finally have a coach that understands and is embracing the expectations. Dan's gonna be a major upgrade over what we've endured the past decade.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... hope those 'no-can-do' thoughts don't hold their ground in our players' minds.

This morning I realized I’m fired up again. Not as intensely as with SOS or UM3, but much more like that than the others.
Yet none of us catch how much "after-the-fact" success has drifted back and jacked up that prior acceptance intensiy.

Those are all things that are important to TV producers and come across well on screen.
... I'd like to see crisp in & out absorbed by our QBs, our WRs in games and even in every practice.

Mullen seems to be trying really hard to be enthusiastic
... Across the board, trying really hard would be nice... no 'Buddha-sits' here anymore.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I like it. He's working his ass off on the recruiting trail and on the PR circuit. And at the same time continuing the damage control with fans and boosters that he started with the good intro press conference.

He knows there are a lot of Gators whose first reaction to this hire was "that prick?" But he's doing a good job recruiting the players and the fans. He sounds like he's never been anything but all Gator, like MSU never existed. I like it and bet it pisses them off LOL.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I like it. He's working his ass off on the recruiting trail and on the PR circuit. And at the same time continuing the damage control with fans and boosters that he started with the good intro press conference.

He knows there are a lot of Gators whose first reaction to this hire was "that prick?" But he's doing a good job recruiting the players and the fans. He sounds like he's never been anything but all Gator, like MSU never existed. I like it and bet it pisses them off LOL.

During the Gameday interview particularly. When they asked him about his thoughts upon getting 'the call'.
I now believe he was literally, as reported, actually "waiting on UF to call'.

MSU fans might be rubbed the wrong way, perhaps. The way he talked about not even having to think about it or discuss w/family.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I don't know how many of you saw his appearance on Gameday this morning but he was outstanding. He was energetic, concise, he got in and out of his comments quickly. Those are all things that are important to TV producers and come across well on screen.

Both his comments about taking the Florida job and also about today's games where he interacted with the other hosts were very well done.

No this doesn't impact coaching on the field but being the head coach at a program like Florida is about more than just game day coaching. So far Mullen has done a great job representing the Florida brand.

+1000000

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Shoutout to my hometown Baker County Wildcats football team. Made it to the state title, the first ever for our school. Hell, we’d never been past the 2nd round before this year. Play American Heritage Friday in Orlando, so that may end up being a blowout, but still proud of them.

Benny Alexander & Big Money were from Baker County, right?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
To be totally honest, I've been very impressed with Mullen's aggressive attitude for taking the whole situation by the balls and driving the point home that he is a true LEADER, which we haven't seen even a hint of during the Mac nightmare. Not impressed the first time I saw the news, now I'm on board with this guy and jacked-up for what can happen with CDM driving. The hire was done intelligently and did not include Fooley calling the shots. We have a chance here.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I was on the fence about Mullen but I'm really starting to like him more and more. He is saying and doing the right things in his first week on the job. Hitting the recruiting trail, making appearances on Game day and sending videos to let people know he is getting after it. I love the energy also. I just wonder if he can maintain that level of enthusiasm if we start to struggle next season w our current roster? I think he will be fine if we can keep most of our current class and land a few more elite players.
Go Gators!!!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought he should have been hired when Meyer left...i was always kind of meh on him but at least he would have kept our style of play the same vs trying to imitate bama. I'm with the rest though that he's won me over...not sure it will translate on the field but I am way more excited about him being here than i ever was with chump and butters...i felt doomed from the start with both of those hires

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Too soon.
Too soon for sure and you know I'm a little sketchy on this hire. I will say though his approach thus far is somewhat refreshing. Not watching someone fumblef vck through a simple arrival, press conference or 30 second video is more than we've gotten with the last 2 knuckleheads.....Also I haven't seen any signs of the condescending, smart ass scowls followed with a fake smile meant to intimidate and close off the press or fans as saw from the beginning with either Butters or Dunce.....we'll see and it won't take long though....keep your eye on recruiting for indications that we are moving forward or stuck in neutral because I don't think Mullen's coaching ability alone will win us more than 8-9 games a year....He'll need some horses for us to be lifting any hardware.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
CJ Spiller and Big Money played for Union County, as did Bennie.

As I recall, UF decline to offer Bennie’s cousin, - 3* DE. Clemson did & Spiller went with him. I always wondered if we had taken the cousin - imagine CJ with Tebow & Harvin. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb