Mullen’s post LSU presser

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I keep reading about the "Gator Standard" WTF does that mean? Playing for rings? Not happening!. Playing in meaningful games? Not happening? Can we please start by trying to put a quality product on the field on a weekly basis? Not offense minded, not defense minded, not special teams minded, but football minded. When you have the better part of 20 years being irrelevant, there is no standard.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I keep reading about the "Gator Standard" WTF does that mean? Playing for rings? Not happening!. Playing in meaningful games? Not happening? Can we please start by trying to put a quality product on the field on a weekly basis? Not offense minded, not defense minded, not special teams minded, but football minded. When you have the better part of 20 years being irrelevant, there is no standard.
Thumb wrestling, riot starting, losing to Kentucky….twice , losing to LSU….twice…., Darth Vader costume, crowd noise…. what am I missing? Those are the Gator Standard according to Dancin Dan.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So media asking the tough questions they should’ve been asking all along, players openly dodging questions about the scheme and direction, a local phenom leaving things open about a possible transfer, and former players blasting the head coach on Twitter.

Anyone here still insist he’s our Richt or isn’t staring down a barrel that will go off sooner rather than later?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"The locker room has left the building..."
yup. He quit on them last fall when his arrogant ass thought he would be in the NFL soon, only to have them laugh in his face.

You dont recover from that.

Once a leader loses confidence of his troops, it is over.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone here still insist he’s our Richt or isn’t staring down a barrel that will go off sooner rather than later?
Richt won the SEC twice and consistently brought home top three recruiting classes.

It is a terrible insult to Richt.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Mullen and Grantham tomorrow. Let Pasqualoni be interim HC/OC the rest of the season, let McGriff be DC.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
yup. He quit on them last fall when his arrogant ass thought he would be innthe NFL.

You dont recover from that.

Once a leader loses confidence of his troops, it is over.
Yup... it's pissed me off in here this year when people have said the players "weren't motivated" and schit like that.. I have never seen the defensive players not TRYING this year, from start to finish of a game... I have seen poorly schemed/coached players running around and trying really, really, hard. It has been completely obvious what the problem is, coaching. It's not even so much talent level and you know this (but better talent certainly helps ANY coach/leader, but only to a certain extent, not overall), because if as a leader/coach, you give me 11 guys that you can scheme well (understand "fire and maneuver" and the commander's intent) and that will trust each other to execute their assignments (think Army, trusting the units to your left, right, and rear to do their jobs while you do yours), you are a 10 game winning team on the field of battle. Dan is a "center block OER" leader, Fat Todd is the worst of the National Guard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Mullen and Grantham tomorrow. Let Pasqualoni be interim HC/OC the rest of the season, let McGriff be DC.
Pasqualoni is a DC , isnt he? And 80?

That seems to be a thing. If you ensure your coaching staff has no talent on it you don't have to worry about being fired and allowing your hot young offensive coordinator run the team for the rest of the year.

Or hire a defensive coordinator that everybody in the freaking University despises so they won't want to make Fat Dwag or Randy Fuchsing Shannon the interim.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yup... it's pissed me off in here this year when people have said the players "weren't motivated" and schit like that.. I have never seen the defensive players not TRYING this year, from start to finish of a game... I have seen poorly schemed/coached players running around and trying really, really, hard. It has been completely obvious what the problem is, coaching. It's not even so much talent level and you know this (but better talent certainly helps ANY coach/leader, but only to a certain extent, not overall), because if as a leader/coach, you give me 11 guys that you can scheme well (understand "fire and maneuver" and the commander's intent) and that will trust each other to execute their assignments (think Army, trusting the units to your left, right, and rear to do their jobs while you do yours), you are a 10 game winning team on the field of battle. Dan is a "center block OER" leader, Fat Todd is the worst of the National Guard.

I don’t understand all the terminology, but does this mean we get to shoot them, or at least send them to The Hague for hanging?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don’t understand all the terminology, but does this mean we get to shoot them, or at least send them to The Hague for hanging?
It used too... today, it means Lloyd Austin is our HC, General Mark Milley is our DC, the players on the field are the troops that were at the airport in Kabul trying really really hard to do their job but were poorly led & got hit with an IED, and what we watched today was our withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.