Mullen backs Grantham: Players are the problem

Does Grantham Survive Bama and Remain Gator DC?

• Mullen is clueless...Grantham is here as long as Mullen

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Mullen is so stubborn...He'd rather get fired than face the fact he picked a loser

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Grantham is fired after the Bama game

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Some other clueless team hires Grantham

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Faux Meat Ham Sandwich

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well, I don't want to speak for our west coast friend(who's probably just waking up), but I believe it's pronounced Nads Dullem.

maxresdefault.jpg

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
It just dawned on me that Mullen coaches like a Pop Warner coach. I was watching SEC Media days and Mullen kept talking about versatility. Most kids should avoid coaches who use that term like the plague. It’s career suicide for most of them. I cross train my kids because they haven’t yet grown into their man bodies. And you never know how a kids body will mature. Some tall kids stop growing. Some fat kids get skinny. And vice versa. But I can’t understand why our coaches think it’s such an advantage for college kids. I personally think it doomed us last year. How else could you explain upperclassmen being so lost? I think they should just do some actual coaching and identify what positions these kids play and leave them there. That way you create an advantage for having players with seniority. Are you really a veteran if you play a new position every year? Find your best 11 defenders and roll with them. Not saying you can’t play a lot of guys, but you should have a true depth chart. The more I think about it I’m probably blaming the wrong guy. That strategy works for offense. But there needs to be cohesion on defense. I need to be able to trust my teammates. But I saw Kaiir get beat several times trying to cover for Marco.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It just dawned on me that Mullen coaches like a Pop Warner coach. I was watching SEC Media days and Mullen kept talking about versatility. Most kids should avoid coaches who use that term like the plague. It’s career suicide for most of them. I cross train my kids because they haven’t yet grown into their man bodies. And you never know how a kids body will mature. Some tall kids stop growing. Some fat kids get skinny. And vice versa. But I can’t understand why our coaches think it’s such an advantage for college kids. I personally think it doomed us last year. How else could you explain upperclassmen being so lost? I think they should just do some actual coaching and identify what positions these kids play and leave them there. That way you create an advantage for having players with seniority. Are you really a veteran if you play a new position every year? Find your best 11 defenders and roll with them. Not saying you can’t play a lot of guys, but you should have a true depth chart. The more I think about it I’m probably blaming the wrong guy. That strategy works for offense. But there needs to be cohesion on defense. I need to be able to trust my teammates. But I saw Kaiir get beat several times trying to cover for Marco.

I agree. But that phrase goes back all the way to Meyer and Strong. I'm not a coach, but I too wonder why we'd need to have a player be able to do several things. It's not a restaurant where we're afraid the fry cook my be a no show. I've never understood the obsession with having players be able to play a position that isn't their natural fit. What you said regarding Pop Warner makes total sense. I'd maybe even see it being taken as high as HS. But beyond that, it seems like we're wasting a lot of time not preparing players to do the primary thing they're equipped for, so that they can be a jack of all trades. Always seemed silly to me. If you think you may be thin in certain areas, fix it via recruiting. That's what it's designed for.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Some people still think Jordan Reed was a good QB.

Cross training...because your recruiting at certain position sucks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Cross training...because your recruiting at certain position sucks.

The Washington Football Team, might wish he still was one after Fitzpatrick starts going Fitzpatrick.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The Washington Football Team, might wish he still was one after Fitzpatrick starts going Fitzpatrick.

Cross training...when your drafting/signing at certain positions suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator