Mullen backs Grantham: Players are the problem

Does Grantham Survive Bama and Remain Gator DC?

• Mullen is clueless...Grantham is here as long as Mullen

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Mullen is so stubborn...He'd rather get fired than face the fact he picked a loser

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Grantham is fired after the Bama game

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Some other clueless team hires Grantham

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Faux Meat Ham Sandwich

Votes: 17 12.9%

• Total voters

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think he is going anywhere. Dan will use the close score as justification to keep him saying "we're really close to where we need to be" or some sh*t like that.

I will be happy to eat crow if Dan proves me wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think he is going anywhere. Dan will use the close score as justification to keep him saying "we're really close to where we need to be" or some sh*t like that.

I will be happy to eat crow if Dan proves me wrong.

I still feel like he, English, and Gray are all gone. They need to be at least. I think Robinson is safe because I think Mullen seems to think he’s an up and comer, and/or we didn’t have the funds to get someone markedly better at LB coach. I’m not sure either of those possibilities have changed. And he’s credited with Wingo and a few others. Not saying I agree really. But I do think he could be good, while the other 3(namely RE and TG) have shown what they are.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I still feel like he, English, and Gray are all gone. They need to be at least. I think Robinson is safe because I think Mullen seems to think he’s an up and comer, and/or we didn’t have the funds to get someone markedly better at LB coach. I’m not sure either of those possibilities have changed. And he’s credited with Wingo and a few others. Not saying I agree really. But I do think he could be good, while the other 3(namely RE and TG) have shown what they are.

I hope so... but, I think I've got battered fan syndrome, and just refuse to believe it will ever get better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't tease me! Bring in D Mason!
this is probably the only outside possibility because we sure do love hiring guys that somebody else fired so the other team pays the salary.

I would be all for it. he's a decent recruiter and at least an above average defensive coordinator. does not stink like dwag. he has coached at both Stanford and vandy who have admins like us aren't really that interested in football.

basically light years ahead of Grantham.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I believe something will happen that ends TG’s tenure here. Whether it’s a new job or an outright firing I don’t know.

Mullen is not getting fired now but stringing TG along any longer will definitely put DM in the crosshairs. He is stubborn enough as it is but this would tip the scales. I don’t think he could survive another season of TG.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
this is promising

is it wrong to have hope?

if we are returning to sideways ball w EJ we need MUCH BETTER D.

SecondaryHappyJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Before the ink is dry on this season, already speculation that Pat Fitzgerald is still coveted in the NFL. Would it be wrong to be proactive and inquire to the N'Western DC to see if he would be interested in coaching a more athletic front 7 than he has had, and trying to improve a secondary to mirror the one he had at N'Western. Can't say it would translate totally, but the N'Western D seemed to know where in the hell they were supposed to be on each play. I know a lot of that is Fitzgerald and his background, but I am sure not all of N'Western's players are Mensa members, so maybe, just maybe some of our guys can be coached up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator