Mullen called out refs on that no catch call

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I mean honestly... no telling what it changes. They settle for a FG, later in the game it’s 12-10... they try that play action or keeping running? Do we play differently? Don’t know. What I do know is that it was a bad call and led to 4 unearned points in a close game - no matter what Donk tries to tell everyone.

That said, we had many opportunities to take that game into our own hands and failed repeatedly. Zebras weren’t the only thing holding us back.

That game wasn't close. Stop deluding yourself. Or try to say we hung with LSU for a couple quarters so now we're in their league or we'd beat Bama.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That game wasn't close. Stop deluding yourself. Or try to say we hung with LSU for a couple quarters so now we're in their league or we'd beat Bama.
You’re right, we weren’t down 6 or 7 needing one stop to tie or take the lead at any point in the 4th. They didn’t have to complete a perfect pass on 3rd and 7 to stave us off. And we definitely didn’t throw a pick in the end zone down 7 against LSU in the fourth. Nope, total blowout. Pesky game summaries just obscure the truth!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hope Mullen saved his loudest language for Grantham. If he didn't lay down with 8-10 yard cushions and zero pressure all game giving Fromm anything he wanted he gets us the ball back multiple times and we probably win. Same crap he "game-planned" against LSU. I'm surprised either game was as close as it was it was like playing with one arm tied behind our back.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
It was an incomplete pass. Coach is right though. Looked pretty much identical to last week to me.

SEC Basketball replay official would have called it Double Dribbles last week, if it was against us anyway. Didn't get to see this week's call but sounds like they got it right.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hope Mullen saved his loudest language for Grantham. If he didn't lay down with 8-10 yard cushions and zero pressure all game giving Fromm anything he wanted he gets us the ball back multiple times and we probably win. Same crap he "game-planned" against LSU. I'm surprised either game was as close as it was it was like playing with one arm tied behind our back.
The game plan failed 100%. And instead of changing it in the 2nd half, Grantham doubled down by not changing it. Probably anticipated forcing a TO or two. Obviously Failed. Got Beat. Deserve to be fired? Wait til next year. If it happens again, then Hell Yes, send him packing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The game plan failed 100%. And instead of changing it in the 2nd half, Grantham doubled down by not changing it. Probably anticipated forcing a TO or two. Obviously Failed. Got Beat. Deserve to be fired? Wait til next year. If it happens again, then Hell Yes, send him packing.
Does this apply to Mullen too or just Grantham? You are all over the map.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Does this apply to Mullen too or just Grantham? You are all over the map.
Does not apply to Mullen. Mullen is the sturdy rudder guiding a 10-win ship. He'll bring us a Championship when he gets his next Tebow or Dak. Pretty effen consistent in supporting both Steady Dan, Mike White, and Kyle Trask. Unlike you fools, I don't expect to win it all every year because I'm not a moron like Ricky Bobby.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

The game plan failed? We lost both starting DE’s after they barely stepped off the bus and still held them to fewer points at Baton Rouge than Bama did in Tuscaloosa.

Without the pass rush, Burrow picked us apart as he would anyone. What else did you want/expect Grantham to do?

The game plan failed? That’s like the dog pulling your burgers off the counter and getting told you can’t cook.

The bottom line is our OL hasn’t yet run blocked effectively and our defense depends on elite DEs.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We said that last year.
Wait 'till next year was the Gator mantra pre-1990.

2010s have been the wait till next year decade. DECADE.

We've played 2 good team this year and got our asses handed to us. Anyone that thinks those games were close needs to watch the game(s) again and pay attention to what the opposing team was doing. We were never in either game.

We can't run the ball for Pete's sake. Are we a prolific passing team? ... think about it. We can't run and we are, at best, mediocre passing the ball.

Don't get me started on Granthams BOC defense.

Championships matter.
Stars matter.

Year 2 and Mullen hasn't produced either.

That's the reality.

Next year ?

How's recruiting going?

We'll know in about a month.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

We've played 2 good team this year and got our asses handed to us. Anyone that thinks those games were close needs to watch the game(s) again and pay attention to what the opposing team was doing. We were never in either game.

We can't run the ball for Pete's sake. Are we a prolific passing team? ... think about it. We can't run and we are, at best, mediocre passing the ball.

Championships matter.
Stars matter.

That's the reality.

Next year ?

How's recruiting going?

In each of our two losses we were beaten soundly, but "No", we didn't have our derrieres handed to us. This team is not championship caliber, but it is a good team, albeit one with obvious and serious weaknesses. And, "yes" recruiting is important.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Championships matter.
Stars matter.

That's the reality.

Next year ?

How's recruiting going?

I still don’t get this mindset. So by that definition, we can agree that Alabama was never “in” that game and they weren’t competitive at all, right?

I can give you uga because we were just constantly playing from a deficit and never looked to be a threat. But we played a solid game against Lsu at their house. We can second guess some of the coaching for sure. That happens. But i would not consider that a beating, especially with the injuries on the line.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Does not apply to Mullen. Mullen is the sturdy rudder guiding a 10-win ship. He'll bring us a Championship when he gets his next Tebow or Dak. Pretty effen consistent in supporting both Steady Dan, Mike White, and Kyle Trask. Unlike you fools, I don't expect to win it all every year because I'm not a moron like Ricky Bobby.
Ricky Bobby might have been a moron, but he won it all. Something Dan has never done, even when he had Dak. In the spirit of Mizzu week. I'm still in "Show me" mode with Dan.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Ricky Bobby might have been a moron, but he won it all. Something Dan has never done, even when he had Dak. In the spirit of Mizzu week. I'm still in "Show me" mode with Dan.
if-you-aint-first-youre-last-memegenerator-net-if-you-aint-48872507.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator