Aug 20, 2018
This is wayyyyyyyyyyy funnier

Your Avatar is "Classic"
588.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think Grantham is good. I think he is way too aggressive to beat an UGly or Bama. We won't get over the hump with him. It bothers me that Mullen thinks so highly of him.

giphy.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What else is he supposed to say???

“I love this team. I’d predict we win the CFP, if it weren’t for my DC.”

As others have said, I prefer aggressive to the Jon Hoke timid read and react. However, I wouldn’t mind someone like Charlie Strong or Derek Mason becoming available the day after TG leaves for another job. End of this season would be fine.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I think some of you guys just bitch for the sake of bitching. He took a top 80 defense with butters talent and turned them into a top 20 defense in his first year. Not to account for how much better our offense was so most of the teams we played in 2018 vs. 2017 were actually trying to score instead of just sitting on a lead. I know he gave our kicker the choke signal years ago, get the fck over it. He's a hired gun, just like the guys before him only better.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I smell something terrible. I'm guessing its 812's yeast infection.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don't hate Grantham like some of you do, but I'm not in love with the guy, either. Like Mullen, I think he is good, but not great. However, I am holding most of my criticism, with hopes that we have a brighter future. Over time, these coaches may learn and grow. As we stand now, I think Grantham needs to have more talent (especially up the middle) for his defense to reach its fullest potential; in the same way that Mullen needs more tailored talent for his offense to thrive. If we could consistently dominate the center of the field, Grantham's style of utilizing speed on the edges and in the back would shut down teams. Until then, we are very thin up the middle, and I feel we are probably stuck as an upper mid-tier team (ranked somewhere in the teens at the end of the season). To challenge the likes of Alabama and Clemson, we must have multiple consecutive years of signing a full class of 4 and 5 stars. That's just how it is.

And as for who is the best, I think Venables is in a class by himself. When he first went to Clemson, he proved he could win with good talent. Now, he has great talent, and they could shut down anyone they play.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the agressive style, but hate that we only rush 3 and drop into soft coverages on 3rd and long; that is literally the reason and genesis of the term 3rd and Granthem. I really like the exotic blitzing that plays havoc with the QB, but hate that we sacrifice real DTs and NTs for these undersized tweeners in the middle that he likes purely for their pass rush abilities. He's definitely a top 25 DC. Top 10 is questionable. Top 5 is laughable. Best in football is pure coach speak.

He could vault his position in the pecking order enormously by making only a few changes - keep doing what you did to get to 3rd and extra long instead of playing a soft 3 rush prevent, get some beef in the middle to stuff the run. Top 10 instantly.

Just my two cents...

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I really like the agressive style, but hate that we only rush 3 and drop into soft coverages on 3rd and long; that is literally the reason and genesis of the term 3rd and Granthem. I really like the exotic blitzing that plays havoc with the QB, but hate that we sacrifice real DTs and NTs for these undersized tweeners in the middle that he likes purely for their pass rush abilities. He's definitely a top 25 DC. Top 10 is questionable. Top 5 is laughable. Best in football is pure coach speak.

He could vault his position in the pecking order enormously by making only a few changes - keep doing what you did to get to 3rd and extra long instead of playing a soft 3 rush prevent, get some beef in the middle to stuff the run. Top 10 instantly.

Just my two cents...

I feel more confident when we have a team 3rd and less than 10 than when we have the 3rd and greater than 10

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
First shutout we've had in like 3-4 years and everyone has the time to come here and say how much he sucks and how much they hate him and dont want him here.....makes sense!

Fast forward next year.....he leaves for the NFL, we lose some recruits and the same crowd is pissed he left and we lost recruits

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't hate him but I think Sidehat had a much better defense his 2 years here and I think the numbers would probably say that also. We just got crushed by Bama those years in the SECCG.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hey there guys and gals!!!! This is for all you dwag lovers out there!!!!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
His defense has a bit of risk involved but you got to admit they are fun to watch. They will be a hell of a lot more fun if we keep winning.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

Just my two cents...

I think you have it backwards. 3rd and Grantham came from blitzing the **** out of teams and giving up the big play.

The LSU game last year where we picked it off to seal the game (sort of seal it) was rushing 3 and dropping 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb