Mullen calls Grantham best DC in College Football

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Grantham is a terrible DC. He called and coached a terrible game on defense, and damn near cost us the game. But in the end, Savage’s efforts paid off for us in a big way. If Grantham has an ounce of integrity, he’ll give his inflated salary for this week to Savage.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

mostly at the secondary position. Their WR/TE just looked like men amongst boys against everyone back there. Hendo would have made an impact.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm taking my early statement back. grantham just plain sucks ass. Pure diarrhea ass. No discipline, no fundamentals, undersized upfront and can't cover with a king size blanket on the back end.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
This. We seem to have cardio for days which shows up in the 4th, but we seem to get manhandled a lot up until that point.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Not really, on average. I think we were more out schemed and out coached for most of the game. UK put their players in a position to succeed and we did not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. We seem to have cardio for days which shows up in the 4th, but we seem to get manhandled a lot up until that point.
We are playing one small DT, one DE and two OLBs on the DL most plays. Their 300-320 pound OLs (five of them) outweigh us by 60 pounds per man and we often just put three of our minis on the DL.

Wouldnt you expect to be pushed around? It is the choice we make in order to be blitz happy. We have real DLs on the sideline and we use them on goalline or 4th and 1.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They returned two starting OL?

Im not sure they are good at all, and Im sure scUM is terrible.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think UK has a good anything. They will be battling vandy and mizzo for bottom of the east as usual. The problem is that we are now slipping down to their level.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm sitting at the Louisville airport reading some posts. I had great 50 yard line, upper deck seats. If anyone ever asks "why do they call him '3rd and Grantham'?" - well, there you have it. Great win, but no "warm and fuzzies" about this team having a special season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Thanx for the stats as they are good support for the many who side with us. But all I have needed is my own two eyes watching him for years to tell you that Joe Lee Dunn Jr. sux dog's ballz.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This year seems so bipolar. Never quite sure what to expect with the defense other than it’ll be better after halftime adjustments.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

He is, at best, an average DC. There are far worse DCs out there, but a ton of better ones, too. He by no means deserves to be one of the highest paid DCs in college football. I really wish we'd let him walk to the NFL.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He is, at best, an average DC. There are far worse DCs out there, but a ton of better ones, too. He by no means deserves to be one of the highest paid DCs in college football. I really wish we'd let him walk to the NFL.
He’s said it before and he’s right: Grantham is a great hire at MSU. He’s not at Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb