Mullen dishes on Florida job becoming no longer fun

CaGator91

Nov 16, 2015
I know Mullen isn't a target, but I did find this particular piece interesting. Just another example of Mullen not having the nuts to run a major program.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's not what he's saying. He's saying the input over the first couple years at a major D1 program can itself lead to exhaustion. Couple that with the exhaustion of staying on top and working with a leader who probably could have done a better job of keeping things loose.

This piece is no indictment of Florida. It's an indictment of the profession.

CaGator91

Nov 16, 2015
I never said it was an indictment. I said he talks about how winning at florida became no longer fun.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never said it was an indictment. I said he talks about how winning at florida became no longer fun.

Just another example of Mullen not having the nuts to run a major program?

I don't think so. He's just being real. He obviously likes what he does. There's plenty of energy in his message.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's had many, many chances to get out of there. Other than a huge paycheck (which would have been matched if he left), I can't figure out why he's still there. He could have gotten a number of ACC jobs (probably Va Tech ahead of Fuente, at the time he was a bigger name). He could have gone to the B10 and B12. It's really curious why he never left. He's been there 9 years now. That's an impressive run (how many head coaches have we had at UF that last longer than 9 years?). I still don't want him back at UF!!!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The pressure by fans to win at Alabama is far more intense. Pre-Saban it was very ugly at times up here, it’s always easy to look classy when you’re winning.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Dude's I Starkville, MS, what does he know about fun?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder who among us had a job that was 'fun". I had some jobs that were rewarding, that I felt I made a positive impact and was appreciated. I mostly felt rewarded with salary and benefits. A couple of times we had fun as a reward or some very nice food. No job was 'fun' at least not any of mine. Comment as you desire.

And it is never really fun if you lose, especially if you don't perform well while losing.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a man's job at Florida and nobody is going to kiss your ass... Mullen, you're fragile, stay away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What is it about northerners being quick to be sarcastic yet so fvkking soft when they get something back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb