Mullen Georgia Post Game presser

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I haven't been this pissed off at a game in years, but I listened to the post game presser on the way home and two minutes in he's talking about how it's up to the fans to show up and make a difference. Dude shut the fcvk up, you just got out coached by kirby fcvking smart in the second half, you worry about the team, the fans are the least of your problems.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't been this pissed off at a game in years, but I listened to the post game presser on the way home and two minutes in he's talking about how it's up to the fans to show up and make a difference. Dude shut the fcvk up, you just got out coached by kirby fcvking smart in the second half, you worry about the team the fans are the least of your ptoblems.
You must have watched a differnt game than me. He did not get out coached. The talent level is what won that game.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I haven't been this pissed off at a game in years, but I listened to the post game presser on the way home and two minutes in he's talking about how it's up to the fans to show up and make a difference. Dude shut the fcvk up, you just got out coached by kirby fcvking smart in the second half, you worry about the team the fans are the least of your ptoblems.
Don’t think he got out coached at all. I think this is one of those games against a really good team that will shine a light on talent deficiencies and depth issues, and sure enough they did it ad nauseam. Franks was bad, CJ McWilliams was atrocious, Stiner out of position multiple times, Reese refusing to cover Nauta, and yet with 3 turnovers, one being on our own damn 1 yard line, we were still in position to make it a game in the 4th. I like where we are headed, and roster turnover is the beginning of great things imho

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now there's the kind of spirit that I was shocked I didn't see more of on Saturday night. Kudos to you sir - seeing this kind of thing again gives me real hope that our Gators (and fans) are finally back. We now actually care enough to get this pissed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Easy on Thick. He admitted he was pissed.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Haha ... actually, 2 minutes in he was talking about the loss of our two starting corners. How bad does that actually make you look? My takeaway from his presser ... "We executed poorly and they got good players" ... that seems pretty damn accurate to me. Did we watch the same game and listen to the same presser? In fact, I didn't hear him talk about the fans at all during this presser.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Haha ... actually, 2 minutes in he was talking about the loss of our two starting corners. How bad does that actually make you look? My takeaway from his presser ... "We executed poorly and they got good players" ... that seems pretty damn accurate to me. Did we watch the same game and listen to the same presser? In fact, I didn't hear him talk about the fans at all during this presser.
I listened on the way home from the game, it may have been the locker room interview, but he damn sure said it. We owned the line of scrimmage for 40 minutes and lost by three touchdowns, how does that happen. It was stupid putting Emory in with 2 min left in the half. If they are not given a chance to run their 2 minutes offense in the last 50 seconds of the half they may have never figured out that was the way to beat us. We also had less than 75 yards the second half, I guess that's because of turnovers also.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I thought we did own the LOS. It looked like it to me. UGA couldn't really run on us at all. But he also said not getting to Fromm is not the way to protect the young corners. That seemed pretty spot on to me as well. We ran the ball on them at will and it looked like our OL was having their way. But we kept turning it over at the wrong time, or drop a crucial pass (Stephens), or under throw a bunch of passes and so on ... execution type stuff which is what Mullen said was the issue.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we did own the LOS. It looked like it to me. UGA couldn't really run on us at all. But he also said not getting to Fromm is not the way to protect the young corners. That seemed pretty spot on to me as well. We ran the ball on them at will and it looked like our OL was having their way. But we kept turning it over at the wrong time, or drop a crucial pass (Stephens), or under throw a bunch of passes and so on ... execution type stuff which is what Mullen said was the issue.

So both uga and UF averaged 4.6 yards per carry, uga finished with more rushing yards, but they couldn't run on us at all and we ran the ball on them at will? I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. You are thinking to much about the goal line stand. Our D-line lost the line of scrimmage battle most of the game. Uga ran the ball very well with the exception of one series, and we also couldn't get any pressure on Fromm with the exception of one sack. I think there was maybe one other time he was touched.

That said, our O-line did well against their D-line. Unfortunately Franks played probably his worst game this year.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So both uga and UF averaged 4.6 yards per carry, uga finished with more rushing yards, but they couldn't run on us at all and we ran the ball on them at will? I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. You are thinking to much about the goal line stand. Our D-line lost the line of scrimmage battle most of the game. Uga ran the ball very well with the exception of one series, and we also couldn't get any pressure on Fromm with the exception of one sack. I think there was maybe one other time he was touched.

That said, our O-line did well against their D-line. Unfortunately Franks played probably his worst game this year.

How many turnovers did we have? How did the passing yards compare? I see your point, and do agree to a point, but it isn't a static measurement. Its amazing how they will finally get the running game to open up after you start gutting the secondary ... and that wasn't us gutting the secondary.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

That last garbage-time drive didn't count, the defense had let up at that point.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Too many QB runs and not enough carries for Perine again, which seems to be a recurring issue.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Too many QB runs and not enough carries for Perine again, which seems to be a recurring issue.

I kinda agree .. but I think Mullen does those to help Franks get it going? A lot of times Franks' play got better after he did a few qb runs. I got no proof of that, just my memory and thoughts while watching a game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I kinda agree .. but I think Mullen does those to help Franks get it going? A lot of times Franks' play got better after he did a few qb runs. I got no proof of that, just my memory and thoughts while watching a game.
Yeah, QB runs is a big part of his offense so not likely to change, but I'd like to see what Perine could do with 20-25 caries, and sure as hell would prefer to see him running the ball out of the endzone.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Let me be clear here, during his locker room interview with the gator zone reporter, after a just a minute of talking about the game he changed the subject to next weeks game and the fans have a responsibility to show up and do their part.

I'm not am X&O's guy but I wish someone would breakdown exactly went down the last 20 minutes of that game, it took a complete 180 on both sides of the ball and it had nothing to do with turnovers, we had weathered that storm to the point it had to put a scare into the other sideline.
Traz if you tell me that's the way ball bounces sometimes I'll believe it, but my gut says Mullen choked at the biggest moment of the biggest game and that concerns me about our future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.