Warning: Political Takes Mullen gets the Wutang

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I knew you would.

However, I never said I wouldn't look for them again. Just not now.

Also, if you really wanted to, you could too instead of trying to discredit what I've told you from the get go as if I have a reason to make it up.
Please understand that I'm not going to go on a wild goose chase looking for something that contradicts everything I've seen just because a guy on the internet says he saw it somewhere.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@Bernardo de la Paz Ok, I don't remember where I saw it so I didn't know where to start. Because there are many reasons for death, I figured I'd start with the Flu. But the common flu versus the Rona.

So I simply typed "Annual Flu Deaths" into Google and chose the first option which was a link to the CDC. While choosing this allows like numbers (real or faked) to be used and compared it also puts me squarely in the Donk's cross hairs and vulnerable to his all caps admonitions. (I'll take my chances there but it won't be pretty)

Here is the first thing that came up so I C/P'd it into Word so I could format and highlight and then snipped it for C/P'd into this forum.

It took me longer to write this witty retort than it did to look it up.

upload_2020-10-20_17-0-48.png

In my first attempt, I see that the regular flu is down considerably from previous years. You'll have to read the referenced article to see how and why they classify it as they do and how the season is forecasted and also "over". I'm only willing to do so much for you and I'm tapped out.

I imagine auto accidents are down too as we've been, well, quarantining for months now. I believe I've seen evidence of this too but don't feel like showing my work right now. But, you get the point, I'm sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is that Norvell? Or Matt Corral?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Bernardo de la Paz Ok, I don't remember where I saw it so I didn't know where to start. Because there are many reasons for death, I figured I'd start with the Flu. But the common flu versus the Rona.

So I simply typed "Annual Flu Deaths" into Google and chose the first option which was a link to the CDC. While choosing this allows like numbers (real or faked) to be used and compared it also puts me squarely in the Donk's cross hairs and vulnerable to his all caps admonitions. (I'll take my chances there but it won't be pretty)

Here is the first thing that came up so I C/P'd it into Word so I could format and highlight and then snipped it for C/P'd into this forum.

It took me longer to write this witty retort than it did to look it up.

In my first attempt, I see that the regular flu is down considerably from previous years. You'll have to read the referenced article to see how and why they classify it as they do and how the season is forecasted and also "over". I'm only willing to do so much for you and I'm tapped out.

I imagine auto accidents are down too as we've been, well, quarantining for months now. I believe I've seen evidence of this too but don't feel like showing my work right now. But, you get the point, I'm sure.
You said that deaths from "most all other causes took a plunge."

This is deaths from a single cause, and those deaths are from the 2019-2020 flu season, half of which was in 2019.

As to the auto accidents, crete believes they are actually up, but I haven't seen any data that says that.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You said that deaths from "most all other causes took a plunge."

This is deaths from a single cause, and those deaths are from the 2019-2020 flu season, half of which was in 2019.

As to the auto accidents, crete believes they are actually up, but I haven't seen any data that says that.

My exact words were, "I just find it odd that it is shown to be <1% chance of death from Covid while most ALL other forms of death have taken a plunge, especially the common Flu."

I also said that I started w/the common flu and didn't go any further and that's what I did. If you need literally ALL other death stats then have fun with that.

I also said to go to the CDC and lookup why they classify the flu numbers as they do and that the season was "over".

As for having 2019 in there, I don't manage the CDC, but am also aware of that. You'll have to wait a while for the next year's numbers to come out or write a strongly worded Yelp review about the CDC as to their actions.

Have a nice evening. I'm currently pouring a bourbon on the rocks :swampqueen: and getting ready to start dinner. :stirpot:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My exact words were, "I just find it odd that it is shown to be <1% chance of death from Covid while most ALL other forms of death have taken a plunge, especially the common Flu."
I suppose I just find it odd that you looked at a cause of death that accounts for around 1% of all deaths, and assumed that if it went down that all other causes of death went down as well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

As you can imagine, having married into a Spanish family, I have had to have the awkward conversation with several distant cousins that, due to their shaving choices, they can no longer have any involvement with my wife or children. Most have taken the news well. One at a wedding felt it wasn't the right venue, but I think he was drunk, and of course, we haven't seen him since.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d imagine flu deaths are down due to covid mitigation measures. I’d guess automobile fatalities are down due to less miles being driven. Suicides are probably way up due to stress and also Todd Grantham. And I just learnt that peanut allergy deaths are off the Richter.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Neither do tens of thousands of videos and reports from doctors who were treating patients nor the jobs of hundreds of state medical employees who raised questions....but it's all legit to you...
If there's something specific you want to discuss, bring it to the table.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't care if masks work or not. All I know is that they placate the feeble minded who would otherwise not leave their basements. If republicans were pushing masks the MSM would be talking everyday about how masks don't work.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If there's something specific you want to discuss, bring it to the table.
I think that's the problem....you want to focus on one specific thing and one specific thing only....meanwhile you're not looking at all the moving parts....it's a shell game Bernie and you've guessed wrong.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's the problem....you want to focus on one specific thing and one specific thing only....meanwhile you're not looking at all the moving parts....it's a shell game Bernie and you've guessed wrong.
You think it's a problem I don't just take the word of every random internet personality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.