Mullen getting creative in recruiting

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
"The premise you’ve argued against was that Machen was responsible for choosing Meyer"

Never said that. Don't believe that. Making things up does not prove you are correct.

Of course the President is responsible for what his subordinates do. Part of an AD's job is hiring and firing the coaches. 78 said Foley did not hire Meyer but hiring head coaches is part of Foley's job description.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The patient died from Stage IV pancreatic cancer that had metastasized to the liver.

No he didn't. He died of heart failure resulting from Stage IV pancreatic cancer that had metastasized to the liver.

Oh.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Professor started this thread and there's no way you guys are gonna stop him from defending Foley, Mullen, Mac or whoever the hell else he chooses to defend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The patient died from Stage IV pancreatic cancer that had metastasized to the liver.

No he didn't. He died of heart failure resulting from Stage IV pancreatic cancer that had metastasized to the liver.

Oh.

c1f2805a-f655-43f8-a34a-70539a62ad28_text.gif

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The Professor started this thread and there's no way you guys are gonna stop him from defending Foley, Mullen, Mac or whoever the hell else he chooses to defend.
That professor is not me. 78 slandered that poor guy. I bring it up as I do not want responsibility for what 78 did to the guy. 78 knows it. Call the professor if you do not believe me.

I just correct 78 and Donkey when they make things up with no proof. Then they name call when they cannot back up what they said. or they play semantics so as to not give Foley credit on obvious things. I give him negative credit on his last two football hires but give him positive credit on Meyer.

I thought getting Stricklin and retiring Foley was the right move also. But when Donkey and 78 say things that are not true I will correct them . And then they will childishly respond with rubber darts that bounce off.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That professor is not me. 78 slandered that poor guy. I bring it up as I do not want responsibility for what 78 did to the guy. 78 knows it. Call the professor if you do not believe me.

I just correct 78 and Donkey when they make things up with no proof. Then they name call when they cannot back up what they said. or they play semantics so as to not give Foley credit on obvious things. I give him negative credit on his last two football hires but give him positive credit on Meyer.

I thought getting Stricklin and retiring Foley was the right move also. But when Donkey and 78 say things that are not true I will correct them . And then they will childishly respond with rubber darts that bounce off.
Link?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You already gave the link to the guys UF bio. Just man up and call the poor guy.
You're being emotional. I'm not going to worry about a guy who, sort of like you, dissects dead subjects when his information is already on a public website.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You're being emotional. I'm not going to worry about a guy who, sort of like you, dissects dead subjects when his information is already on a public website.
Not being emotional I just don't want responsibility if you have screwed up the guys credit. That is on you not me. You not caring if you screwed a UF professor over says alot about you as a person and a Gator.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I don’t read all the threads. I pick a few out that appear as though they might interest me. Never read this one. Until now. Now I wish i didn’t.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
When fans crucify coaches before they even start the season it becomes harder to get the elite coaches. If you think 11 years in the NFL is not good experience then who is the coach that would have wanted to come to UF and be criticized before game one?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I can forgive the choke sign. Opposing fans hated Spurrier also.

Knowing the technique that is trained in the NFL can help. NFL coaches get fired all the time. Doesn't mean they dont learn top end technique.

I got tired of the passive defense we had last year. It will be exciting to see more sacks and turnovers. The cost will be more big plays given up. Will be exciting.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Itraz you obviously understand football and want what is best for UF. Stress is caused by things you cannot control and Grantham is our DC . Us complaining won't change that. Who knows he may add more balance this year. Muschamp eventually learned his lesson about offense at South Carolina so who knows. See what he does.

One thing this defense has is speed. Both of our corners are burners as is Gardener in the nickel. Moss is quick. and long at LB. Reese is not a burner but has a nose for the ball. A Clayton has a quick getoff. CeCe when healthy can get after it. Safety should be better this year. If we go 3-4 that means our depth at DT should be solid. Slayton is a load in the middle.

Our defense can be very good. With his policy of even if you do not know what to do just go fast we should see some big plays given up. but we might get that offset with some turnovers. I expect mistakes earlier in the season. Part of the learning curve with a new system. Hopefully they start coming together by the UT road game.

Ironically Mac left UF with better talent on defense than offense and he was supposed to be an offensive minded coach.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.