Mullen to NFL?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don;t see it. I read the other day an article discussing the top 25 names as potential NFL head coaches who are currently not head coaches in the NFL. The list consisted of asst. coaches in the NFL and head coaches in college. His name was not on the list.

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
Two things: He is having way too much fun to consider the NFL and his wife gets a vote......they love G'ville.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
No NFL team will ever hire an option coach.
I don't recall many option plays. In fact, most games the fans were saying that he should run more. And that was in stark contrast of what was said of him at the time of his hiring. I think he truly does adapt to his personnel. Every coach has a preferred style. Good coaches adapt to what hand their dealt. Only in a perfect storm of events(think Tebow years), does a coach get every "toy on their wishlist." You're usually operating in sub-optimal conditions. It's why sorry coaches say it'll be different when they get their type of players. Their hoping for the perfect storm.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Two things: He is having way too much fun to consider the NFL and his wife gets a vote......they love G'ville.

Meh, about that...
[Saturdaydownsouth article about two years ago]
As the Gators look for a new head coach, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, who served on Urban Meyer’s staff at Florida last decade, has been generating a lot of buzz.

However, according to his wife, Megan Mullen, the family isn’t too eager to leave Starkville, especially to return to Gainesville.

At about the 9:30 mark of the below audio, shared by @SixPackSpeak on Twitter, Mullen explains just how unrealistic she felt Florida fans’ expectations were during her family’s time there:

“There is nothing like being a Mississippi State Bulldog,” she said. “The support of fans here is so unlike anything anywhere else. It’s unbelievable. I’ve never experienced a really bad situation. The former school we were at, won two national championships there, won practically every game we played for four years there.

“It wasn’t if you won or lost. If we didn’t score 43 points or more, I was going to the grocery store in Orlando where I worked with the Golf Channel and I was driving the groceries back to Gainesville because it was that bad.”

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mullen just looks like he's having too much fun at Fl to leave now. And of course the 6 mill doesn't hurt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you never heard his wife's video about how much she hated Gainesville.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Maybe his agent is throwing that out there to try and get Coach a raise. We’ve given coaches extensions for far far less..so......

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Meh, about that...
[Saturdaydownsouth article about two years ago]
As the Gators look for a new head coach, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, who served on Urban Meyer’s staff at Florida last decade, has been generating a lot of buzz.

However, according to his wife, Megan Mullen, the family isn’t too eager to leave Starkville, especially to return to Gainesville.

At about the 9:30 mark of the below audio, shared by @SixPackSpeak on Twitter, Mullen explains just how unrealistic she felt Florida fans’ expectations were during her family’s time there:

“There is nothing like being a Mississippi State Bulldog,” she said. “The support of fans here is so unlike anything anywhere else. It’s unbelievable. I’ve never experienced a really bad situation. The former school we were at, won two national championships there, won practically every game we played for four years there.

“It wasn’t if you won or lost. If we didn’t score 43 points or more, I was going to the grocery store in Orlando where I worked with the Golf Channel and I was driving the groceries back to Gainesville because it was that bad.”

I agree with every word she said.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I have to believe that those floating Mullen to the NFL have their hopes up to see the Gators return to mediocrity. I think it is more that than Mullen actually pondering the idea. I bet Danny Kanell is the one that stirred this pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.